No we are not in The Top 25.

There really is no way GT can go 10-2 in the ACC. If GT went 10-2, they would 99.9% likely be playing #13 in the ACC Championship game.

10-2 is prob 1 ACC loss.

Look at the schedule for 2 minutes and you’ll put the pieces together. GT still has ND, uga OOC. Add in @ UofL, Miami, @UNC, @ VT, NCSU. Those are 5 very tough games (not even including ND, uga). I know VT lost to Vandy, but I still have a feeling they are an 8+ win team.

If GT wins 2/3 @ UofL, Miami, NCSU and wins the rest of the ACC games they finish 7-1 ACC. That more or less guarantees the 13th regular season game (ACC Championship) at 10-2, 9-3.

Looking at the schedule realistically, this is a 9-3, 8-4 max season. 9-3 means GT still has a shot at the ACC Championship game. Win there are who cares about getting the #4 seed, you’re in.

The 2 non ACC games are the real issue for GT getting an at-large bid. Seeing how ND progresses over the next few weeks will be interesting.

There really is no way GT can go 10-2 in the ACC. If GT went 10-2, they would 99.9% likely be playing #13 in the ACC Championship game.

10-2 is prob 1 ACC loss.
This is where I got lost

You meant they would be playing as a #13 (or worse)?

My whole premise was they beat ND and UGA and have two ACC losses which I think could get them to #12 (or better ) and no ACCCG

This is where I got lost

My whole premise was they beat ND and UGA and have two ACC losses which I think could get them to #12 (or better ) and no ACCCG
I agree that in the exceedingly unlikely edge case where we go 10-2/6-2, given our strength of schedule, we would be ranked in the top 10 and get an at-large bid.

This is where I got lost

That’s another path to the CFP as an at-large seed. Just a little tougher vs beating the ACC teams on the schedule.

You guys can have your dreams but the winner of the ACCCG will be the only team from this conference getting a playoff spot. ACC conference games are all that matter now. I can see Kirby and Key both resting starters the Friday after Thanksgiving (just kidding). Actually Kirby might.

You guys can have your dreams but the winner of the ACCCG will be the only team from this conference getting a playoff spot. ACC conference games are all that matter now. I can see Kirby and Key both resting starters the Friday after Thanksgiving (just kidding). Actually Kirby might.
Depends how some of the ACC-SEC matchups go but probably right.

i don't think the author understands power rankings, but I'll take the press.
i-have-the-power-power.gif

We are not who we hoped we were. A good run game should travel anywhere. OL got their ööööted pushed in by Syracuse.

Definitely the most disappointing part of the game. It sucked getting torn up on D but McCord seems like the real deal. To not be able to run at all was surprising.

We’ll be back. Road loss to Syracuse won’t look so bad in a month or so.
Yeah Syracuse and FSU swapped roles/strengths this year.

However we did struggle with GSU, so I'm gonna say we are more likely a top 50 team and not top 25 team. We should make a bowl despite the tough schedule. We also have the team for a huge upset for the ranked teams we will play.

Back