No we are not in The Top 25.

If you think it's a given that 10-2 would get us into the playoff, you haven't been watching ACC football.
its quite pausible... lose to miami and louisville.. dont make acc championship but beat UGA and ND we should be in

Yeah. Either that or we’re not as good as we thought. FSU was hugely overrated. No doubt about it.
FSU was definitely overrated but I think they actually played worse against BC. I might be wrong but we’ll have plenty of opportunity to see how good we really are since we have a very tough schedule.

FSU was definitely overrated but I think they actually played worse against BC. I might be wrong but we’ll have plenty of opportunity to see how good we really are since we have a very tough schedule.
DJU was definitely a lot worse. He didn't have a lot of open receivers against us. But he had plenty against BC and he missed just about every one of them.

its quite pausible... lose to miami and louisville.. dont make acc championship but beat UGA and ND we should be in
That's less possible than us going 13-0 and missing the playoffs.

That's less possible than us going 13-0 and missing the playoffs.
We're not going 13-0. But if we did, we wouldn't have even missed a 4-team playoff at 13-0 with this schedule. FSU didn't have a win nearly as good as UGA, nor was their second best win nearly as good in media perception as beating ND would be. Their three best wins finished #12, #19 and #20.

I think they'd have still made it if Travis was healthy. Travis getting hurt gave the committee the excuse to leave them out.

I saw the really good point somewhere that by FSU's own reasoning in 2023, their 1993 title should have an asterisk next to it. B/c WVU and Nebraska were both undefeated that year and should have faced each other for the title in the Orange Bowl over a 1-loss FSU. :biggrin:

When did Utah become UU?
They have been using that exact same logo since at least 2019 when my daughter went there. They call themselves "UofU" bit I don't think the "of" works too well on a logo.

We're not going 13-0. But if we did, we wouldn't have even missed a 4-team playoff at 13-0 with this schedule. FSU didn't have a win nearly as good as UGA, nor was their second best win nearly as good in media perception as beating ND would be. Their three best wins finished #12, #19 and #20.

I think they'd have still made it if Travis was healthy. Travis getting hurt gave the committee the excuse to leave them out.

I saw the really good point somewhere that by FSU's own reasoning in 2023, their 1993 title should have an asterisk next to it. B/c WVU and Nebraska were both undefeated that year and should have faced each other for the title in the Orange Bowl over a 1-loss FSU. :biggrin:
not to mention the new playoff rules have an undefeated conference champ with a buy week polls dont even matter

Who said it's a given that 10-2 would get us into the playoff?
There really is no way GT can go 10-2 in the ACC. If GT went 10-2, they would 99.9% likely be playing #13 in the ACC Championship game.

10-2 is prob 1 ACC loss.

And their loss was to an also 1 loss ND team that should have been ahead of them. Auburn was undefeated that year too, on probation but still undefeated.

There really is no way GT can go 10-2 in the ACC. If GT went 10-2, they would 99.9% likely be playing #13 in the ACC Championship game.

10-2 is prob 1 ACC loss.
I agree 7-1 most likely puts us in the ACCCG, but I think people underestimate the number of 0-1 loss teams a 17-team division-less league can generate when each team is only playing half of the other conference members. 7-1 should still get you in, but it's not the near lock it was in smaller conferences.

The only two examples we have of divisionless mega-conferences playing only 8 conference games that I'm aware of are last year's AAC and ACC. The ACC only had two 0-1 loss teams, but the AAC had three.

…. Thats my point

And their loss was to an also 1 loss ND team that should have been ahead of them. Auburn was undefeated that year too, on probation but still undefeated.
Agreed. If Auburn wasn't on probation and won the SECCG by beating UF again, then by FSU's 2023 logic, the Noles should have been left out of a 4-team playoff in 1993. 3 undefeated teams and Notre Dame who had the same record and beat FSU head to head. :facepalm:

…. Thats my point
You said "that's less possible than GT going 13-0 and missing the playoffs." Which means you think we could go 13-0 and get left out. Which as far as I can tell is the exact opposite of what I'm saying?

92ff8n.jpg

Back