Nooooooooooooooo....

Pretty sure it reopened for a short time after that only to close a bit later.

Can't remember if last April was the final closing or the first closing. Basically they put up a sign saying they were closing, changed their mind for a bit, then closed months later.

EDIT: Here's a link to the reopening, dated April 30, 2010. So no, it didn't close a year ago.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/bobby-and-junes-back-505887.html

Junior's is more about Tommy and family, not the food.

Someone spoke directly with Tommy yesterday afternoon, and no matter what is written in the press Tommy wants to keep on going. I have a feeling Auxiliary Services is behind this. I'm hoping if enough people let Ma Tech (who specifically?) know we don't want to lose another campus tradition he can be saved again.

The dressed cheese side baskets are a treasure.

Juniors was average. My heart broke when I found out Kool Korner no longer existed. If you are a GT alumn or student and never experienced Kool Korner, you're just not one of us.
extra peppers.
extra sauce.
that is all.

Junior's is more about Tommy and family, not the food.

Someone spoke directly with Tommy yesterday afternoon, and no matter what is written in the press Tommy wants to keep on going. I have a feeling Auxiliary Services is behind this. I'm hoping if enough people let Ma Tech (who specifically?) know we don't want to lose another campus tradition he can be saved again.

The dressed cheese side baskets are a treasure.

Bud has been heard to say that they are at least going to attempt to save Juniors.

Bud has been heard to say that they are at least going to attempt to save Juniors.

I stopped by Junior's today to get one last basket of tenders and WOW, were there a lot of people there. There was some big time support. After today I wouldn't be surprised at all if they come back eventually.

I went early around 11:15 to beat the crowd (or so I thought) and the line was through Juniors, out the door under tech tower, wrapped around the outside area, down to the Student success center at the stadium and curved, running along the success center for at least 150 feet. There were literally hundreds in line there.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Auxiliary Services is behind this.

I'd put money on it. (IMO) Ros Meyers / aux services have been behind a lot of the BS thats happened on campus lately. Just more of the process of corporatizing colleges and taking away any uniqueness they have.

Very disappointed that Juniors is gone, and even more so that I was out of town until about an hour ago so I wasn't able to go by one last time. Haven't been since last falls career fair :(

I'll miss the tenders and the spicy shakers. Hope everybody was tipping well today, if Tommy and co are being pushed out I hope they got enough of a send off for a nice trip.

Juniors was average. My heart broke when I found out Kool Korner no longer existed. If you are a GT alumn or student and never experienced Kool Korner, you're just not one of us.

Horse****!

Not only have I never experienced Kool Korner, I never even heard of it. So I say to BOR, if you never experienced the Yellow Jacket, you're just not one of us.

And that thing on campus that is called Juniors merely carried the name, not the tradition. The tradition ended when it left North Avenue. Probably none of you guys even know, much less remember, when they doubled the size of Juniors at North Avenue. Probably none of you know, much less remember, when you received a Juniors chocolate pie free but only if you could eat the entire pie at one sitting. I don't recall anyone getting a free pie. Probably none of you know, much less remember, that Juniors was located next to the Techwood theater, a.k.a. The Armpit. Anyone know what "boils and beans" was? Probably not. And probably none of you know about, much less remember, the original robbery food court that occupied the space used by the current "Juniors."

Last edited:
Everyone has to act all high and mighty about people that never experienced kool korner or the real Juniors. Sorry, but we all couldnt go to school at tech in 1985. It doesn't really matter. The point is that a great place to eat at tech that everyone cares about is gone because of some BS aux. services. Getting caught up in this dick measuring of levels of tradition is a distraction to what is really happening. Just my .02

And yeah, lines were so much longer than I expected. I walked by at 9 30 after moving my car from peters to centennial (woke up late, thank God I didnt get another parking ticket), and the line was all the way up the hill past the edge of the building there. I had to do work and couldnt wait 2 hours.

Everyone has to act all high and mighty about people that never experienced kool korner or the real Juniors. Sorry, but we all couldnt go to school at tech in 1985. It doesn't really matter. The point is that a great place to eat at tech that everyone cares about is gone because of some BS aux. services. Getting caught up in this dick measuring of levels of tradition is a distraction to what is really happening. Just my .02

:laugher:

Horse****!

Not only have I never experienced Kool Korner, I never even heard of it. So I say to BOR, if you never experienced the Yellow Jacket, you're just not one of us.

And that thing on campus that is called Juniors merely carried the name, not the tradition. The tradition ended when it left North Avenue. Probably none of you guys even know, much less remember, when they doubled the size of Juniors at North Avenue. Probably none of you know, much less remember, when you received a Juniors chocolate pie free but only if you could eat the entire pie at one sitting. I don't recall anyone getting a free pie. Probably none of you know, much less remember, that Juniors was located next to the Techwood theater, a.k.a. The Armpit. Anyone know what "boils and beans" was? Probably not. And probably none of you know about, much less remember, the original robbery food court that occupied the space used by the current "Juniors."

Never heard of Kool Korner either. JR Crickets and those two places on the corner across from the tower, but no Kool Korner. I do remember Juniors when Engineers bookstore was next door. I'm not that young, but not that old either.

Never heard of Kool Korner either. JR Crickets and those two places on the corner across from the tower, but no Kool Korner. I do remember Juniors when Engineers bookstore was next door. I'm not that young, but not that old either.

Kool Korner's opened in 85.

Bobby and June's opened in 79.

You never went to Kool Korners?

What the F dude. KK was the most amazing and important GT food tradition ever. Blew Juniors away.

Drive to Birmingham. Tomorrow. Order the classic cuban with extra mojo. Pretend you're standing on an uneven linoleum floor off 14th with no air conditioning holding a bag of plantain chips you got off a rack where everything's in spanish, while you stare out the front door at a line of GT students and faculty that goes around the block, waiting for a sandwich, under a wall of newspaper articles proclaiming that you're in the home of the best cuban sandwich in the south eastern united states.

Did you guys know the KK guy was a mechanical engineer? He was thrown out of Cuba during the revolution, and relocated his family to 14th street so he could put his kid through Tech. Decided to open an ethnic grocery store instead of get an engineering day job.

Clearly some people have not had Junior's French Toast. You can't put Kool Korners ahead of Junior's. They are on the same level though. On-Campus Junior's isn't even the same restaurant as the old Junior's if that's your basis of comparison it's difficult to understand.

And I ate at Bobby & June's in December. I know they said they were going to close and then didn't. Maybe they decided to close again, but if they did then I don't know anything about it.

Clearly some people have not had Junior's French Toast. You can't put Kool Korners ahead of Junior's. They are on the same level though. On-Campus Junior's isn't even the same restaurant as the old Junior's if that's your basis of comparison it's difficult to understand.

And I ate at Bobby & June's in December. I know they said they were going to close and then didn't. Maybe they decided to close again, but if they did then I don't know anything about it.

They really did. They started selling off EVERYTHING inside, including some of those 1990 Tech National Champs Coke Bottles everyone was lusting over a few months back.

Back