Nooooooooooooooo....

What the F dude. KK was the most amazing and important GT food tradition ever. Blew Juniors away.

Meh. It was alright. Cool place, and probably the best Cuban sandwich I've had, but I don't much like Cuban sandwiches, so it didn't really do all that much for me.

Juniors also seems to be more a part of Tech culture than KK, which just happened to be kind of near campus (though it's cool to hear that the new KK has Tech stuff hanging on the walls in Birmingham).

JRjr

I never even heard of Kool Korners while i was at Tech. I knew about J.R. Crickets. Junior's and the Baptist Student Union lunches kept me well fed. I miss the french toast, country fried steak, and dressed two cheese side. ( And I added extra fries. No way I could eat that now.) Plus, Tommy would give you a break if you didn't have money.

Man, i really wanted to go down there Thursday but i was battling an illness. Thanks Junior's and thanks Tommy for taking care of us during my college years.

I never even heard of Kool Korners while i was at Tech. I knew about J.R. Crickets. Junior's and the Baptist Student Union lunches kept me well fed. I miss the french toast, country fried steak, and dressed two cheese side. ( And I added extra fries. No way I could eat that now.) Plus, Tommy would give you a break if you didn't have money.

Man, i really wanted to go down there Thursday but i was battling an illness. Thanks Junior's and thanks Tommy for taking care of us during my college years.

Hope you feel better soon, for those who did not get a chance to experience this, can you explain what a dressed two cheese side is?

If my memory serves me correct, it was a hamburger-double meat with cheese and your usual side of lettuce, tomato, or whatever else. That, the french toast, and the country fried steak were my staples. I did eat way too many fries though.

PS - Speaking fo memories, anyone remember that awful Ms. Winner's that was on North Ave right next to Junior's?

It's still pretty good.

There once was a pretty good student
Who sat in a pretty good class
And was taught by a pretty good teacher
Who always let pretty good pass.
He wasn’t terrific at reading,
He wasn’t a whiz-bang at math,
But for him, education was leading
Straight down a pretty good path.
He didn’t find school too exciting,
But he wanted to do pretty well,
And he did have some trouble with writing
Since nobody taught him to spell.
When doing arithmetic problems,
Pretty good was regarded as fine.
5+5 needn’t always add up to be 10;
A pretty good answer was 9.
The pretty good class that he sat in
Was part of a pretty good school,
And the student was not an exception:
On the contrary, he was the rule.
The pretty good school that he went to
Was there in a pretty good town,
And nobody there seemed to notice
He could not tell a verb from a noun.
The pretty good student in fact was
Part of a pretty good mob.
And the first time he knew what he lacked was
When he looked for a pretty good job.
It was then, when he sought a position,
He discovered that life could be tough,
And he soon had a sneaking suspicion
Pretty good might not be good enough.
The pretty good town in our story
Was part of a pretty good state
Which had pretty good aspirations
And prayed for a pretty good fate.
There once was a pretty good nation
Pretty proud of the greatness it had,
Which learned much too late,
If you want to be great,
Pretty good is, in fact, pretty bad.

If you want to be great,

Amen bro. Pretty good is not good enough to be anything other than OK.

Just so you guys know, KK has been replaced by the crazy cuban, which is run by the same family.

The story I heard was that it was run by some folks that used to work at the old Kool Korner, but not family. For what it's worth.

JRjr

If you want to be great,

Pretty good look.

If my memory serves me correct, it was a hamburger-double meat with cheese and your usual side of lettuce, tomato, or whatever else. That, the french toast, and the country fried steak were my staples. I did eat way too many fries though.

PS - Speaking fo memories, anyone remember that awful Ms. Winner's that was on North Ave right next to Junior's?

I recall dress being the lettuce, tomato, and onion, but I think the two was two hamburgers, not a double. Honeymoon side would be a hamburger with lettuce and mayo and a side of fries (or spicy side).

Mrs. Winner's became a Wendy's while I was there.

I recall dress being the lettuce, tomato, and onion, but I think the two was two hamburgers, not a double. Honeymoon side would be a hamburger with lettuce and mayo and a side of fries (or spicy side).

Mrs. Winner's became a Wendy's while I was there.

That's right. Dress Two was put lettuce, tomato and onion on two burgers. To get the pun, you have to say that "honeymoon" was "lettuce alone."

That really Sux that they closed Juniors. Wish I could have gone by one last time. My Favorite was a Cheese 2 side. I was at Tech in the mid and late 80's and I have never heard of this Kool Korner place so it couldn't have been that good. Never cared that much for JR Crickets but there used to be a place on West Peachtree across from the Bellsouth building that made a mean Roast beef Sub. I would also like to thank Pizza King for hooking me up with 5 free pizzas and a free ride from The Wreck Room one Thursday night after way too many beers.

That really Sux that they closed Juniors. Wish I could have gone by one last time. My Favorite was a Cheese 2 side. I was at Tech in the mid and late 80's and I have never heard of this Kool Korner place so it couldn't have been that good. Never cared that much for JR Crickets but there used to be a place on West Peachtree across from the Bellsouth building that made a mean Roast beef Sub. I would also like to thank Pizza King for hooking me up with 5 free pizzas and a free ride from The Wreck Room one Thursday night after way too many beers.

You must have been an east campus guy like myself. I used to roll out of bed, walk down 4 flights of stairs (no elevator in Smith dorm) and roll into Juniors across the street. Those were the days! I, too, was there mid - late 80's. Btw, I loved Crickets' wings. There was also the tunnel pub, bladder bust at Grumpy's, quad night at Bash Rip Rocks and who can forget big Nate spinnin' records at PJ's on Thursday nights...."the roof, the roof, the roof is on fyah...."

Me and you must have crossed paths on a few occasions DCS. Yeah I lived on East Campus in Perry my first 2 years. I used to hit 3rd street tunnel pub a good bit so the owner gave me free beer on Wednesday nights if I would mop up after they closed. Try mopping up that place after 3 pitchers of Old Swill in ya. I gave Quad Night at Bash Rip Rocks a try once and boy found myself in a pickle after that one.

Back