Not sure I like this....

I’ve been a big supporter of Collins, but this does sound like he made the kids a promise for early enrollment then backed off after bringing in too many transfers. He can do that kind of thing when he takes the program to the next level, but it’s too early for that right now - in my opinion.

A huge part of recruiting success is based on relationships with high school coaches. The ones in programs with good athletes are important to nurture. The Grayson coach must obviously believe his kid was treated badly. That does not mean he does not treat kids badly himself when he welcomes transfers to come in and push kids down his depth chart. But, Collins rolled the dice in this case and it appears he has hurt his relationship with the coach of the best team in the state.

Would point out, we have a ton of Grayson players on the current roster. Maybe the coach will sour the milk but you would think those players would have more impact on our reputation than the coach. Point is, hard for the HS coach to talk down GT if we do right by all the players from Grayson and Haynes ends up being happy.

Not sure I see how this makes anyone a rat
You’re right. The kid put decisions into motion months ago at our own request and support only to have the rug pulled out from underneath him with a week notice. Nothing slimy about that at all.

You think making the decision to graduate high school early and choose to start your college carreer early is made on a whim and doesn’t have any repercussions?

It was a dick move we just pulled.

You’re right. The kid put decisions into motion months ago at our own request and support only to have the rug pulled out from underneath him with a week notice. Nothing slimy about that at all.

You think making the decision to graduate high school early and choose to start your college carreer early is made on a whim and doesn’t have any repercussions?

It was a dick move we just pulled.

I doubt the kid was limiting recruiting to only teams that guaranteed early enrollment. I agree it’s an issue but not that big of one

Read on anther board that this Grayson coach benched his Sr QB and took a transfer from California as his QB for the rest of the year. LOL.
Is this the same QB ruled ineligible at Valdosta? If so, how does that work?

It's not a good look for a coach that too many of our fans already see as a used car salesman.

Hopefully it's getting blown out of proportion.

This is troubling. That Grayson relationship is very important to us. Not the type of ööööstorm we needed right now.

Back