Not sure I like this....

We’re finally having so many options that people are getting pissed they can’t be here quick enough?

We want bama!

So going to a world class University where over 10% of the graduates become millionaires won't happen again to Grayson players because a player is going to have to enter school when most freshmen normally enroll? I think the coach is either a drama queen or a Gagger. The best thing he can do for his athletes is push for his kids to get into a university. If I were the school principal, I'd call him into my office and tell him to issue a retraction. Most incoming freshmen enroll in the fall.

I'm certain the coach can attempt to get the kid to de-commit and enter school early at a lesser academic school, but that is doing the kid a disservice. He has a full ride at GT. He will be there this fall. He needs to start acting like he has the best interests of his athlete before he spews his crap.

Obviously I don't know exactly how big of a deal this is, and reactions are often exaggerated in the short term, but I will say this: it's not a good look, and it is a much bigger deal than the non-handshake.

The people saying that five months isn't a big deal or that most people enroll in the fall seem to be missing the point to me. Clearly this kid was expecting to start school within a few days, and now he won't be able to for five months, which is a major change around a significant life event.

I don't know whether there was a miscommunication and he never should have expected to enroll early, or if everything was all set and we pulled the rug out from under him, but neither option is good.

Last edited:
So going to a world class University where over 10% of the graduates become millionaires won't happen again to Grayson players because a player is going to have to enter school when most freshmen normally enroll? I think the coach is either a drama queen or a Gagger. The best thing he can do for his athletes is push for his kids to get into a university. If I were the school principal, I'd call him into my office and tell him to issue a retraction. Most incoming freshmen enroll in the fall.

I'm certain the coach can attempt to get the kid to de-commit and enter school early at a lesser academic school, but that is doing the kid a disservice. He has a full ride at GT. He will be there this fall. He needs to start acting like he has the best interests of his athlete before he spews his crap.
It's all about expectations and how things were communicated to the kid. Neither he or his HS coach are happy so it seems like we went back on our word. I wonder if this was more Suddes than CGC working the roster.

Obviously we don’t know the whole story but burning bridges at an elite HS program for a guy who couldn’t even amass 1000 yards in 3 years at Northwestern seems like a highly questionable move.

This. It’s even more questionable considering how Collins seems to have prioritized Grayson HS in recruiting.

Why do you think he wanted to enroll early? What do you think the coaches sold him as to its benefits?

Answer those questions honestly and tell me it’s still no big deal what we did.

It's all about expectations and how things were communicated to the kid. Neither he or his HS coach are happy so it seems like we went back on our word. I wonder if this was more Suddes than CGC working the roster.
How is he not happy? He said "why NOT me?" in his tweet. That's like me presenting myself to Gal Gadot and saying "why not me?"

This, but I’d be less tactful and more spiteful about. :-)

Some high school coach making veiled threats on Twitter like a teenage girl. This is the side of college football I’m generally happy to ignore - a bunch of never-was coaches and soon to be nobody players (just playing the odds here) desperate to get all the attention they can before their window closes.

If Collins said one thing and then went back on it, that sucks, and we shouldn’t do that. (Although if the roles were reversed the coach and player wouldn’t hesitate to jump ship for a better deal.). But at the end of the day, delaying enrollment to your free ride at a nationally recognized engineering school by a few months isn’t that big of a deal. If it makes you want to go to like Kansas State for a few years instead and then become a car salesman or a PE coach, then go for it.

JRjr

Surely there is a way to fix this and get him on campus early?

Very disappointed to read this. Is there really no way they can get him in by January? Find someone on the team who is ready to leave. They need to make sure this never happens again.

Ethics aside, reflecting on Georgia Tech poorly aside, nuking our relationship with Grayson is not good.

Back