Not sure I like this....

How is he not happy? He said "why NOT me?" in his tweet. That's like me presenting myself to Gal Gadot and saying "why not me?"

But... Have you tried presenting yourself to her? I recommend the trench coat method.

I don't remember anything like this happening under Paul Johnson.
Can’t piss off local high school coaches if they never see or hear from you.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.h473.w710.jpg

5 months may seem short to those of you who have seen 50 winters, but to an 18-year-old at the most pivotal era in his life it's an eternity, especially when he busted his arse to graduate early. I feel for the young man.

5 months may seem short to those of you who have seen 50 winters, but to an 18-year-old at the most pivotal era in his life it's an eternity, especially when he busted his arse to graduate early. I feel for the young man.
And it will disappear halfway through the first pump-up speech of this man.

What if any team activities can he participate in prior to May? Can we provide him with strength and conditioning guidance? We need to do everything we can to minimize the impact of this necessary action and I am sure we will.

Last edited:
What if any team activities can he participate in prior to May? Can we provide him with strength and conditioning guidance? We need to do everything we can to minimize the impact of this necessary action and I am sure we will.
We can provide him with S&C guidelines, and I believe they can mail him his GT gear and supplements/nutrition guide. I'm sure he has or will shortly receive the playbook and guidance on what to be learning as far as the language of the play calling/etc. I'm not sure if he can be part of zoom meetings yet. The "early enrollee" guys will be able to be hands on with the S&C staff and nutritionist. The only "hands on" coaching they will receive will be in whatever type of Spring practice we are allowed this year. He will only miss 4-5 months of "in-house" S&C training and will join the team in May. He will obviously miss a semester of college courses, but has completed his requirements for HS graduation, so I don't think he will stay at Grayson for the Spring, unless there are any AP/dual enrollment courses he could take that would allow him to test out/gain usable college credits.

Also, I don't believe there are any restrictions on individual voluntary workouts. So if, say, Jeff Sims, Jordan Yates, Adonicas Sanders, Malachi Carter, Ryan King, Avery Boyd, Kyric McGowan, Leo Blackburn, and Jamal Haynes all want to get together on their own a couple afternoons a week to throw some balls and run some routes, I don't think that's forbidden.

Either way, tough news for the young man. It's a big decision to enroll early. Personally, Im not a fan of what is going on in College w the transfer portal. JMO.
We may not like it, but this is how the game is played going forward.

This is about the player that will make Tech better next year and Collis and staff believe that is the transfer. Almost all college coaches need to win now. There is no long term. A lot of the "outraged" posters will be calling for CGC's firing if we only win 4 to 5 games next year.

We can provide him with S&C guidelines, and I believe they can mail him his GT gear and supplements/nutrition guide. I'm sure he has or will shortly receive the playbook and guidance on what to be learning as far as the language of the play calling/etc. I'm not sure if he can be part of zoom meetings yet. The "early enrollee" guys will be able to be hands on with the S&C staff and nutritionist. The only "hands on" coaching they will receive will be in whatever type of Spring practice we are allowed this year. He will only miss 4-5 months of "in-house" S&C training and will join the team in May. He will obviously miss a semester of college courses, but has completed his requirements for HS graduation, so I don't think he will stay at Grayson for the Spring, unless there are any AP/dual enrollment courses he could take that would allow him to test out/gain usable college credits.

Also, I don't believe there are any restrictions on individual voluntary workouts. So if, say, Jeff Sims, Jordan Yates, Adonicas Sanders, Malachi Carter, Ryan King, Avery Boyd, Kyric McGowan, Leo Blackburn, and Jamal Haynes all want to get together on their own a couple afternoons a week to throw some balls and run some routes, I don't think that's forbidden.

All the above is true except him getting his hands on a playbook. I can see going over it on Zoom but a hard copy floating around is not a good idea.

All the above is true except him getting his hands on a playbook. I can see going over it on Zoom but a hard copy floating around is not a good idea.
Yeah I didn't mean "physically" have the playbook. I mean he will have access to it. Likely some language/play calls, route combo concepts, etc.

Back