Now, We'll Find Out What Kind of AD We Have

We wear white at home. Period. That's our tradition. It would be stupid to change OUR tradition just so UGA can't wear red.

Of course, they could have worn ball gowns and 5" heels and beaten us yesterday.

Fwiw, I met Stansbury at the hotel bar yesterday after the game. Very nice and took a minute to chat. Almost the first words out of his mouth were "we're getting rid of this russell öööö." He seemed embarrassed that we'd been with them so long. I told him I like Paul Johnson but we can't lose to Duke. He agreed and said we've got to get PJ the support he needs. This offseason will show what he means by that and how much he can actually do.

WE are in for BAD BAD times if TS thinks THE problem (or even the 6th problem ) with our program is the UNIFORMS.,etc When I say I want my fball team to look good ,I want them to PLAY well.If they play "well"(even if not win),then they could be butt-naked,I don't care.

Blown out by georgia and y'all are arguing about uniforms.

You're part of the problem.

Oh give me a break dude. No matter what we talk about, we have little control or influence. You can watch the game “film” and analyze the crap out of our bellyflop block techniques all you want. Go read all the wikis on the one and three technique and nerd it up. But it still doesn’t matter. We can talk about whatever we want on the Internet.

Don’t know if CPJ leaves it to team vote or Seniors.

He usually says he lets "the team" decide. I don't think he's ever said seniors specifically. I know that butker nominated the '16 uniforms vs ugag.

Dodd started wearing G/W/G at home in late 40s or early 50s.

IIRC, Dodd said he wanted the white unis to feel like the home jersey, so that even at away games it would feel like a home game.

GWG should IMHO be what we wear in every game. That's been our identity for a very long time.

I laugh at the posters arguing that GWG is a CPJ thing. Dudes must be very new to GT fandom.

GWG should IMHO be what we wear in every game. That's been our identity for a very long time.

I laugh at the posters arguing that GWG is a CPJ thing. Dudes must be very new to GT fandom.

Are we in a position to to laugh at “newer” GT fans? Can’t complaint about empty student sections then say öööö like that.

Are we in a position to to laugh at “newer” GT fans? Can’t complaint about empty student sections then say öööö like that.
I ruefully retract my laughing and apologize. Please come to our games!

How to address the hordes of visiting UGA / Clemson / et. al. fans at BDS: scrap the upper north endzone seating and turn into beer garden a la the chop house, attracting Atlanta area yopro’s as sidewalk fans and eliminating 10,000 unnecessary seats that only go to visiting fans 1x per year.

TStan has built pavilion / beer gardens at both OSU and UCF FWIW

How to address the hordes of visiting UGA / Clemson / et. al. fans at BDS: scrap the upper north endzone seating and turn into beer garden a la the chop house, attracting Atlanta area yopro’s as sidewalk fans and eliminating 10,000 unnecessary seats that only go to visiting fans 1x per year.

TStan has built pavilion / beer gardens at both OSU and UCF FWIW
You can drink beer in the north endzone of UTC's stadium.

Missed COFH bc i was in NO for a wedding. 3 Chinese guests announced they were from GT and so I asked if they went to the Football games.

They said “Go yackets”. So I asked who won earlier in the day and they asked “yackets pray today?”

Maybe more “pray” is the answer. :)

Or more students from the state of Ga.

WE are in for BAD BAD times if TS thinks THE problem (or even the 6th problem ) with our program is the UNIFORMS.,etc When I say I want my fball team to look good ,I want them to PLAY well.If they play "well"(even if not win),then they could be butt-naked,I don't care.
I don't think he meant the uniforms are a problem. And in fact, the uniforms were never really the problem with Russell.

I took it to mean the entire AA is running with 3rd-rate, mickey mouse BS (like Russell) and we have to upgrade in all areas to be more marketable (to fans and recruits.) We cannot continue give low-budget C- effort and expect A- results.

The only way to fix the student attendance problem is to sell alcohol in the stadium. That's it. Students (mainly fraternities which is the most empty part) aren't willing to stop drinking after they've already started to go to a football game, they just don't care that much. Nothing else will get more students to show up.

The only way to fix the student attendance problem is to sell alcohol in the stadium. That's it. Students (mainly fraternities which is the most empty part) aren't willing to stop drinking after they've already started to go to a football game, they just don't care that much. Nothing else will get more students to show up.
See my post about. Ban alcohol at the Greek houses if they want to get blocks of prime seating and then not attend the games in favor of sitting in their yards and drinking.

This is BS. Avoiding noon games will bring in more students. I have often mentioned that the ACC deal that puts many games at noon under hot conditions is a mistake. Today all sports is hurting because the latest generation sits in their closets and plays video games all day. We have to focus on fan development right now or we will be left behind.

There is much competition in Atlanta; playing games later in the day allows soccer kids and parents to attend. I have had season tix for 25 years and I live in Maryland. The preponderance of noon games has cut my attendance in half. My seatmate gave up his two tickets partly because tailgating was impossible for him most of the time (see midweek espn games and noon Saturday games).

Anyway there are answers to help fix attendance. One key for us is to request evening games regularly.

This is BS. Avoiding noon games will bring in more students. I have often mentioned that the ACC deal that puts many games at noon under hot conditions is a mistake. Today all sports is hurting because the latest generation sits in their closets and plays video games all day. We have to focus on fan development right now or we will be left behind.

There is much competition in Atlanta; playing games later in the day allows soccer kids and parents to attend. I have had season tix for 25 years and I live in Maryland. The preponderance of noon games has cut my attendance in half. My seatmate gave up his two tickets partly because tailgating was impossible for him most of the time (see midweek espn games and noon Saturday games).

Anyway there are answers to help fix attendance. One key for us is to request evening games regularly.

It's not B.S.. Student attendance is slightly better for night games but it's still ööööty. The reason is they don't want to stop drinking. I was in a fraternity with horrible attendance from 2011-2015, tried to get my buddies to come, but they just don't care enough to quit partying. And if they do come they show up a quarter and a half late or leave well before it's over.

There’s no reason to stop drinking just because you’re at the game. If any of the organizations with block seating are using that excuse, they’re not even trying.

Back