Now, We'll Find Out What Kind of AD We Have

Anyway there are answers to help fix attendance. One key for us is to request evening games regularly.
Perhaps you do not read this board as frequently as your post total would suggest... but it has been exhaustively covered that the GTAA does request later kickoffs, but their requests fall on deaf ears. Kickoffs times are 100% driven by TV ratings. The only way that's going to change is if the entire conference wants it changed and negotiates for it in the next TV contract.

We wear white at home. Period. That's our tradition. It would be stupid to change OUR tradition just so UGA can't wear red.

Of course, they could have worn ball gowns and 5" heels and beaten us yesterday.

Fwiw, I met Stansbury at the hotel bar yesterday after the game. Very nice and took a minute to chat. Almost the first words out of his mouth were "we're getting rid of this russell öööö." He seemed embarrassed that we'd been with them so long. I told him I like Paul Johnson but we can't lose to Duke. He agreed and said we've got to get PJ the support he needs. This offseason will show what he means by that and how much he can actually do.

I was at the hotel bar too after the game. Met up with a few folks, including a former Georgia player who has graciously allowed me to sit in his box when Tech is in Athens. We try to be good guests, even when we deliver gutpunching losses to them there. If only we could have the same success at Grant Field ... but I digress.
I know someone else who talked to Stansbury after the game and was told the same thing about his comments on Russell and also that when PJ showed TS the players' lounge, there was stuffing coming out of the chairs/couches.

I was at the hotel bar too after the game. Met up with a few folks, including a former Georgia player who has graciously allowed me to sit in his box when Tech is in Athens. We try to be good guests, even when we deliver gutpunching losses to them there. If only we could have the same success at Grant Field ... but I digress.
I know someone else who talked to Stansbury after the game and was told the same thing about his comments on Russell and also that when PJ showed TS the players' lounge, there was stuffing coming out of the chairs/couches.
yeah, I think he probably likes to bring it up when he meets people because its an accomplishment that people care about and one thing he can point to as a success for his short tenure.

I say that we remove the benches and upgrade to seatbacks for the lower sideline seats. If a row has 24 seats it will probably reduce to 18-20 per row.

I stand for the entire game and am on the top row of my section, and it annoys the öööö out of me when people below start standing on the bleachers. No problem with standing at all, just not on the bleachers.

When you're 5-5 and uga is 10-1 and ranked 7, you will have a sea of red in the stands. If you wanna change that you gotta not lose to virginia, duke or tennessee and miami in the last minute. People have been talking about not going to this game for weeks. Were yall surprised to see more red in the stands? When you got your own fans selling their tickets to uga people?

When you're 5-5 and uga is 10-1 and ranked 7, you will have a sea of red in the stands. If you wanna change that you gotta not lose to virginia, duke or tennessee and miami in the last minute. People have been talking about not going to this game for weeks. Were yall surprised to see more red in the stands? When you got your own fans selling their tickets to uga people?

The 2009 game was packed in white and gold. Too bad the team didn't show up.

At this point try anything. The student support is pathetic. Fire em all.

I watched cyp bring chinese and indian students to games year after year while working for housing. I've sat in front of kids who can barely speak english yell "Pick 6 pick 6!" nonstop while our defense is on the field. If one cypriot can make Tech fans put of 20 foreigners every game then i blame whoever is in charge of student engagment at the athletic department.

student issue-quit giving block tickets to frats and return to first come first seated like the old days.

Maybe depend on how old of days you mean, but if you mean the camping out in line, didn't the frats used to dominate those too?

One gamble option could be to stop letting in the frat goers late. Tell em to show up on time or not at all. Don't know which way they'll fall on that but could work, especially if you get the non-late people on board with it, shame those who missed the in time.

Maybe depend on how old of days you mean, but if you mean the camping out in line, didn't the frats used to dominate those too?

One gamble option could be to stop letting in the frat goers late. Tell em to show up on time or not at all. Don't know which way they'll fall on that but could work, especially if you get the non-late people on board with it, shame those who missed the in time.

The one year I had student ID with athletic they started at the bottom of the east stands and filled it from the line. I think the frats had to come as a group if they wanted to sit together but I was not a fratty bagger so not really sure. But the later you showed up the worse the seats you got.

Last edited:
We wear white at home. Period. That's our tradition.

So stupid. Things end. Things change. It was also our tradition for 60 years to not have an old Ford lead us on the field. Or Buzz. Or women at the school. Or business majors. While riding your goddamn dinosaur to home games.

Just bc we used to do something isn’t a strong reason to continue it. The whole country thinks of us as a gold team. Whereas there’s a few hundred old guys who think White jerseys are a sword worth dying on. We’re a Gold team. To say we’re White & base it on an obsolete tradition is pedantic.

Back