Obligations for playing Ugag

Why does that matter? If you want to cancel this game you may as well cancel the program.

I don't have any seats and I'm 30 years old.
You don't think it matters if you attended the game or not?

You are going to find out as you get older you should develop a much stronger sense in your brain to not put yourself in danger. In your teens that sense is miniscule while in your 20s its minimal but by the time you are retired few want to be in a battle like 223. Thats not unusual when the hick ass dwags are involved.

LSU dropped Tulane 10 years ago because Tulane refused to play every game in Baton Rouge. This is the only similar situation I am aware of.
A&M quit playing Texas when they left the same conference. I would love to see us at least move this game to earlier in the season.

You don't think it matters if you attended the game or not?

You are going to find out as you get older you should develop a much stronger sense in your brain to not put yourself in danger. In your teens that sense is miniscule while in your 20s its minimal but by the time you are retired few want to be in a battle like 223. Thats not unusual when the hick ass dwags are involved.

I've been to several GT UGAg games, in Atlanta and Athens. I don't want to cancel the series because some middle aged guys are scared to go watch football.

Hate to admit but aftetbyesterfay my wife and I have joined the no more crowd. Many of my friends bailed last year. I gave them grief for doing so. I need to apologize eev though I was there yesterday. I love GT and want to show support of the true student athletes. However yesterday was miserable. No other way to describe it. Not just the game. The experience. I had barking from every angle. All the time. Near isle 102-103. My wife left at half. I stayed and it got worse by the minute. I expected a loss. Most of us did. I will not be back until there is a 180. Other games yes but not this one. Pains me to surrender but it looks like more and more are simply making the choice to avoid one of the most unpleasant situations imaginable for a fan.

Hate to admit but aftetbyesterfay my wife and I have joined the no more crowd. Many of my friends bailed last year. I gave them grief for doing so. I need to apologize eev though I was there yesterday. I love GT and want to show support of the true student athletes. However yesterday was miserable. No other way to describe it. Not just the game. The experience. I had barking from every angle. All the time. Near isle 102-103. My wife left at half. I stayed and it got worse by the minute. I expected a loss. Most of us did. I will not be back until there is a 180. Other games yes but not this one. Pains me to surrender but it looks like more and more are simply making the choice to avoid one of the most unpleasant situations imaginable for a fan.
Congratulations, you're part of the problem now. When you see the sea of red on tv, look in the mirror and blame yourself. Oh, and give up your season tickets so Tech fans can pick them up. Better than a couple of bitches holding them hostage.

I have no issue with your verbal attack. I knew it was coming. Said as much in post. In terms of season tix I believe you can get them regardless of any choice I make? Just saying. Also curious how your seats were relative to the barking vermin. You are clearly better able to dwal with the mutts and/or seats were better. Regardless I commend you for your stamina and commitment.

I want to keep playing them but I will say this - I swore off ever going to Athens again about 7 or 8 years ago for reasons you can figure out - nothing terrible happened but it just became an unpleasant experience and the last time I went we almost won - the game itself was fine. After yesterday, I am ready to swear off the Dawg game in Atlanta. I don't mind being in a game where in the minority but something about their fan base is just sickening to me. Clemson wins and brings a lot of fans and yet their fan base is pleasant. Losing big hurts, but I'll go see us get blown out be Clemson - UGA blowout or not I just am getting where don't want to go. Two years may help but it's going to have to get better for me to go to another UGA game. Not whining, just reality.
You need to change your mindset and go when you get the chance. I can see making it a men’s only trip due to their fans, but nut up and go.

Go to the game with the mindset that you are going to support the team and not just watch a football game. Your ass planted on a seat is one less mouth breather in the stadium.

I went yesterday (2 hours each way from my in-laws house by myself) knowing that the game itself would probably suck. I went last year to Athens and sat through the same öööö. In fact, I bought season tickets this year despite having a pretty good idea this year was going to suck (my preseason posts back up my premonition).

Collectively, as a fan base, we need to get rid of this idea that the team has to entertain us for us to go. Our mindset needs to be that we are going to go and make for a better team.

I have no issue with your verbal attack. I knew it was coming. Said as much in post. In terms of season tix I believe you can get them regardless of any choice I make? Just saying. Also curious how your seats were relative to the barking vermin. You are clearly better able to dwal with the mutts and/or seats were better. Regardless I commend you for your stamina and commitment.

Seat location has nothing to do with it. I was surrounded by mutts in the upper west. I went in, said nothing to any of them, and cheered for my team. And not one person messed with me.

Congratulations, you're part of the problem now. When you see the sea of red on tv, look in the mirror and blame yourself. Oh, and give up your season tickets so Tech fans can pick them up. Better than a couple of bitches holding them hostage.
For people attending these games this is supposed to be entertainment. Losing fans who do want to attend because the school chooses complacency over competition year after year is killing/has killed the program. It doesn’t matter how many times anyone says “stick with it for the team”, at some point we will have to attract new fans that are not tied to the school via education or already fans. At some point this will have to be fun or it won’t work. What can GT do to make this series fun?

For people attending these games this is supposed to be entertainment. Losing fans who do want to attend because the school chooses complacency over competition year after year is killing/has killed the program. It doesn’t matter how many times anyone says “stick with it for the team”, at some point we will have to attract new fans that are not tied to the school via education or already fans. At some point this will have to be fun or it won’t work. What can GT do to make this series fun?
Everyone on this board with the exception of a few mutts and option loyalists the mods let stick around made a decision at some point to be a Tech fan. Maybe if we Tech fans went with the mindset of making it a pretty crazy environment and a fun experience regardless of what happens on the field, others might be drawn to see what is going on. That is what Collins is trying to build as far as I can tell.

There is a program on campus that seems to have the blueprint but on a much smaller scale. Volleyball. That gym is almost always packed and loud as hell. That has been true for years. Their blueprint seems to be centered around the fans making OKeefe a hostile environment for opposing teams. Maybe the AA needs to unleash the fraternities and give them significant liberties on what they can do to mess with opposing teams. In fact, move the real troublemakers to the south stands where the other team comes out and as long as it’s not racist or sexist it goes.

Everyone on this board with the exception of a few mutts and option loyalists the mods let stick around made a decision at some point to be a Tech fan. Maybe if we Tech fans went with the mindset of making it a pretty crazy environment and a fun experience regardless of what happens on the field, others might be drawn to see what is going on. That is what Collins is trying to build as far as I can tell.

There is a program on campus that seems to have the blueprint but on a much smaller scale. Volleyball. That gym is almost always packed and loud as hell. That has been true for years.
Yeah. If the football players’ butts were as cute we would have no trouble attracting fans.

There is a program on campus that seems to have the blueprint but on a much smaller scale. Volleyball. That gym is almost always packed and loud as hell. That has been true for years. Their blueprint seems to be centered around the fans making OKeefe a hostile environment for opposing teams. Maybe the AA needs to unleash the fraternities and give them significant liberties on what they can do to mess with opposing teams. In fact, move the real troublemakers to the south stands where the other team comes out and as long as it’s not racist or sexist it goes.
When I was at Tech some frat blocks were in the South stands. Not sure when they got shuffled around but it wasn't empty like it has been lately

When I was at Tech some frat blocks were in the South stands. Not sure when they got shuffled around but it wasn't empty like it has been lately
When I was at Tech the students sat in the west stands where the club seats are now.

The club seat owners are so pathetic we should give the students those seats again. With the club rights. I bet there would be GT people actually sitting in them again.

There is a program on campus that seems to have the blueprint but on a much smaller scale. Volleyball. That gym is almost always packed and loud as hell. That has been true for years.

That is fine and I am happy to see your optimism. I’m also pulling for this to work. My opinion only, you are NEVER going to get that atmosphere at a home game for cofh until GT is actually competitive. When has that really been in your lifetime? Two years around 1990 and three around 2000?

That is fine and I am happy to see your optimism. I’m also pulling for this to work. My opinion only, you are NEVER going to get that atmosphere at a home game for cofh until GT is actually competitive. When has that really been in your lifetime? Two years around 1990 and three around 2000?

That would be it. But our fans need to stop acting so whipped and subservient to those ööööers. Stop selling tickets on stubhub so they can get them.

I've been to several GT UGAg games, in Atlanta and Athens. I don't want to cancel the series because some middle aged guys are scared to go watch football.

amen. Anyone advocating for that can turn their GT gear in and pound sand. Quit being a bitch and trying to out think everything and everyone.

I know it's easy to just say "scoreboard" as a measure of competitiveness but it's revisionist history to say it's always been like this. This is a different low. Being blown out 3 years in a row is not the norm.

That would be it. But our fans need to stop acting so whipped and subservient to those ööööers. Stop selling tickets on stubhub so they can get them.
I feel it should be up to the school. Make a product and and atmosphere people want to be involved with. We can keep blaming the few fans we have. You realize, (as I said in another thread or this one don’t care to look it up) ugag has a disproportionate amount of fans because there is no school in the state of Georgia is offering any real resistance? GT puts on a show to give you just enough to keep the team alive but not flourishing.

It is rare that I post. Probably less than 20 or so since I joined but this thread grabs my attention. At least one reply after thinking a bit more about it. Gtchief let me word it a little different. I do not measure fan quality by ones tolerance of barking mutts. Everyone has a set of circumstances that impacts decisions. Not for me to judge. I just shared my story. It was a tough family decision. I have been attending games for a long time with my wife and I respect her input. At my age I am OK with choosing to avoid that mutt invasion and csetuanly did not expect to have my wife and I alluded to as two bitches. Gtchief if this is how you deal with any view you don’t appe

Accidemtly hit post early. My last past Should have ended- approve of you have some maturity issues to deal with.

Back