official 2009/ 2010 recruiting thread

Any chance at getting some de-commits from UGA, like TJ Stripling with the Martinez firing? I know our D isnt much better but still a firing is a firing.

We really need to try to take some of U(sic)GA's recruits while we have the chance. If they don't hire a really good DC soon, some of their recruits could be headed our way. TJ Stripling would be a huge addition to this class! Another DT could also make this class even better. I think we'll have a couple of scholarships open up soon (sad to see our guys leave early).

Agree Dude...I really want Stripling. You think we have a shot?

Well, he has been listening to us and has come to several of our games (mostly to accompany his friends). I have no idea how interested he really is (I guess we'll find out soon). I think we are in a delicate position with scholarships right now. We know some spots are going to become open due to guys leaving for the draft, but the only problem is we don't know exactly how many. I really hope that Stripling is just waiting for a scholarship to open up. I know we probably have a shot at that Taylor kid at DT. Either way, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going after their recruits.

Very few lineman are able to contribute at the Division 1-A level in their first year on campus.

Haven't we had this discussion in another thread? I don't care. It can't be worse than what we threw out on the field at the DT position this year.

Haven't we had this discussion in another thread? I don't care. It can't be worse than what we threw out on the field at the DT position this year.

We weren't horrible on defense this year. Just average. We were right in the middle of the pack per NCAA stats for 1-A football this year. I think we were 55th in Total Defense.

We put three guys from our DL into the NFL last year. There was bound to be a bit of drop off.

P.S. If we would have had the 2008 defense with the 2009 offense, we probably might be undefeated right now. But that's now how college football works.

We weren't horrible on defense this year. Just average. We were right in the middle of the pack per NCAA stats for 1-A football this year. I think we were 55th in Total Defense.

We put three guys from our DL into the NFL last year. There was bound to be a bit of drop off.

P.S. If we would have had the 2008 defense with the 2009 offense, we probably might be undefeated right now. But that's now how college football works.

I would not consider 55th 'middle of the pack'. It may be 'middle of the pack' for ALL of D1-A. But what is that comparatively for the other BCS conferences. Why would I be happy that we were one of the worst defenses in a BCS conference but better than directional carolina?

florida is going to get two of the best recruits out of california

joshua shaw (QB, already committed)
dietrich riley (ath, strong lean to FL... though he says SC and ND and Tenn are in the running)

ACC CHAMPIONS = Recruits, just wanted to put that out there. Any scholarships we get over the next couple of months from players leaving, will come in handy for those recruits who may want to switch to a rising program such as ours. Great Win for the program in many different areas. Come on Stripling!!

Is Perkins enrolling early, or is it just Bostic and Isiah Johnson? How many early enrollees will we have and who are they?

As The Champ said Bostic, Johnson and Perkins will start at GT on January 12th.

Looks like Perkins will play both RB spots.

Back