official 2009/ 2010 recruiting thread

Just wondering if we will have room for another linebacker....

do we have a shot at Justin Parker? or is he going to pick USCe? or Clemson?

I just read in the AJC where Strip and Thornton are giving us an official next weekend. For some reason I don't trust the AJC.......can anyone confirm this?

I just read in the AJC where Strip and Thornton are giving us an official next weekend. For some reason I don't trust the AJC.......can anyone confirm this?

One thing I noticed is that Stephenson's new Strength Coach is Reggie Ball Sr...

from online sources:

Garner sees Stripling
723662.jpg

By Chad Simmons
South Recruiting Manager
Posted Nov 29, 2009
703194.jpg

| More

T.J. Stripling has openly talked about visiting other schools other than the one he is committed to. Did the Georgia commitment talk about his status when Rodney Garner visited him on Sunday? Get the latest here.

T.J. Stripling is one of the top prospects in the Peach State. He grew up a Bulldog fan and he committed to the red and black late in the summer. Since announcing that decision, he has mentioned other schools that he would like to visit officially. Does UGA need to be worried about that? Did Garner ask the 6-foot-6, 215 pound rush end about his commitment

more from a different section at AJC

Scout.com’s Southeast recruiting analyst talked to Stephenson’s Mike Thornton about his visit to UGA this weekend. Most revealing to me, however, was Thornton’s news that he and his mom will now take official visits to Auburn and Miami. He has already been to Penn State. . . .
Speaking of Thornton, Kelly Quinlan of JacketsOnline.com reports that Thornton and Georgia defensive end commitment T.J. Stripling of Southwest DeKalb are taking official visits to Georgia Tech next weekend. Hadn’t heard that from Mike and he hasn’t confirmed via text. It’s long been rumored that Stripling could be considering the ultimate flip. He hasn’t responded to my texts for a while. Quinlan doesn’t cite Stripling or any other source so who knows. Follow the link and there’s a free story about all the prospects that were in town for an official visit this past weekend, mostly already-committed recruits. . . .

It would be the ultimate coup if we could get Stripling and Thorton this weekend!!! Those guys, along with the rest of the class of 2010 would form a national championship caliber defense. That would be three 4 star DTs, two 4 star DEs and three 4 star DBs.

I hope bagman is prepared!

It would be the ultimate coup if we could get Stripling and Thorton this weekend!!! Those guys, along with the rest of the class of 2010 would form a national championship caliber defense. That would be three 4 star DTs, two 4 star DEs and three 4 star DBs.

I hope bagman is prepared!

All we need now is a 4 star defensive coord.

Nealy, Stripling, Thornton, and Green will be there this weekend.

And now Stripling says he's not visiting, either:

link

Might want to mention from the link that he refuted ever being in the situation to come here, as was Thorton. Has a different tone than saying he was coming then canceled.

Very Nesbitt-like size. He doesn't have to be too fast as long as he has Nesbitt's demeanor.

Never been a truer statement.

Nesbitt is a stinkin bull with a will to win like nobody I've seen other than maybe Tim Tebow.

Apparently this Brown kid has dominated the football field this year.

Back