official 2009/ 2010 recruiting thread

Never been a truer statement.

Nesbitt is a stinkin bull with a will to win like nobody I've seen other than maybe Tim Tebow.

Apparently this Brown kid has dominated the football field this year.

Nesbitt had a great demeanor but Joe Hamilton was a killer too. Although I can't tell if your statement was meant to be this year or any year.

Nesbitt had a great demeanor but Joe Hamilton was a killer too. Although I can't tell if your statement was meant to be this year or any year.

Just most recently... Like within the past couple years.

But Joe Ham was definitely a warrior.

Brown decommitted from Cincinnati.

Looks to have been in contact with Ohio State, Georgia Tech, and Louisville.

tOSU fans seem to be confident about chances, but we (as a fanbase) find it hard to believe that a prospect from the state of Ohio would ever leave...so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I think Georgia Tech as a very realistic chance if our interest is genuine. This kid runs/reads the option really well and obviously has a D-1 frame.

The first post in this thread is long overdue for an update. Any takers?

anyone know who we are gonna go after after Xmas, ive heard Thorton and it seems like Stripling is becoming more and more of a distant option. I like what ive heard about the Dominique Brown kid, any info would be a nice Xmas present

Were a very very very distant shot for Thornton...very small chance for Stripling as well.

When is the "dead" period in CFB recruiting?

This is a slow spot in recruiting (due to holidays and the fact that "most" high profile recruits have already committed), but will heat up very quickly as national signing day is the first Wednesday in February every year.

The true "dead" period though is usually after the signing period. You see a lot of activity immediately after due to the ability to turn verbal offers into written (i.e. GT has to wait until February 4th to submit written offer to players in the 2011 class). The kids that know then may commit (but usually doesn't happen too much). Then the rest of the spring is pretty dead.

Summer is when a lot of the big camps happen and players "recruiting rankings" skyrocket and change, but that's a whole different story and debate($$$). Then the fall comes around, teams usually have their boards made up and get some solid commits during the season.

Every once in a while it differs though. For example, Texas had 20 commits before the season even started. That is a unique scenario though in that the state of Texas is a breeding ground for talent and kids know they have to commit to solidify that spot.

In short...there is no dead period in recruiting though. If you are asking when the slowest time for commitments is I hope I covered that. But the coaches literally work non stop on it. And it's a tough game. Each coach on the staff usually goes after their slew of players. For example...Giff Smith may have a safety in mind that goes to Marist, Wommack may have a safety in mind that goes to Roswell, Mike Sewak may have a safety in mind that goes to Fort Lauderdale HS, and Preston may have a safety in mind that goes to Flowery Branch. The coaches have to meet up and go over each player and decide which one is at the top of their list.

Hopefully that helps?

Back