Official 2013 Recruiting Thread.

Actually, I think PJ realizes his team needs to get bigger. You are seeing that change in his recruiting of the last 2-3 OL classes, and I think its the same with AB. If you look at the guys coming in, Deon Hill, etc they are getting rangier. Not huge, but rangier. They look more like Slot WR, than the AB of Navy and old GT. No more xenons, peeples, wrights, etc. These guys are all about 6 ft and 200lbs and if they aren't, they have a frame they will be once they get on our program.

This to me helps the passing game and ability to physically block. In the passing game your window is bigger and taking on a 225 LB for a 205 LB AB is a little easier.

I agree with this as well. Our perimeter blocking needs to improve and in order to do that we need bigger guys that can just stand a LB up rather than having to go for the cut every time.

The last three teams did very well against our cut block.

Yes, true they gave up the inside to stop the outside. But, watch these games again and see how well they handled the cut blocks. I think there may be something to the larger backs.

Well this sucks. We need defensive recruits more than anything.

I'm of the opinion that Miller may still be available come signing day. TN has several higher-ranked DLineman still on the board. He could be left out in the cold if he waits on them. JMHO

Eric Thompson ‏@_EricThompson
James Franklin in Atlanta today.

Vandy after GT commit - JuMichael Ramos, Travis Custis, Shamire Devine and Chris Griffin.

Vandy after GT commit - JuMichael Ramos, Travis Custis, Shamire Devine and Chris Griffin.

Hope he gets stabbed in the throat.

James Franklin is going to get one broken off in him from Good Ole PJ.

Vandy only has room for 1 more on the ship to the bottom of the SEC

Nope they have 4 left. Took 22 last year currently have 24 in this class. 3 have already enrolled out of this years class so they count as last year to get 2012 to 25, that drops 2013 to 21.

From 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, they gave out 85 scholarships (based on Rivals commitment numbers). So either no one's red-shirting or they have a fairly hefty attrition rate.

GT needs to attack any notion that Franklin and Vandy actually care about young men getting an education.

Back