Official 2013 Recruiting Thread.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
You can take classes without getting into a graduate program. He could pursue a second major.
I don't really see the incentive he has to delay his entry into the world for another year. In his position, I would also step out of the fray and begin real life with a real job if I could.

Also, congrats to the young man for graduating from Tech.

AE 87

Dodd-Like
I don't really see the incentive he has to delay his entry into the world for another year. In his position, I would also step out of the fray and begin real life with a real job if I could.

Also, congrats to the young man for graduating from Tech.
Win the ACC, at least.

rduck

Damn Good Rat
This has been kicked around on TOS for a few days now but apparently Damon Mitchell is visiting/lookin' around.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/11/cedar_creeks_damon_mitchell_st.html

Quote from him saying he's still committed but his options are open is kinda cute. :rolleyes:

''Mitchell has one of the most interesting nicknames of anyone within the 2013 recruiting class. His friends and family call him Duwop, and there’s a two-part answer as to why that is.

“When I was two, my mom and my aunt used to call me doo because like all little kids, I used to go on myself all the time.'' :frown:

gtrower

Dodd-Like
There were also rumors about Mitchell wanting to enroll early at Tech which would obviously help us out in signing him before he gets a chance to rethink.

hdtvfan

Dodd-Like
Can you share why Eric? I figure it has to do with having all required courses?
I read somewhere that Custis and someone else is being courted by Wisconsin, we really need to hold on to the verbals that we have, fingers crossed on that of course.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Hoping Bielema leaving will chill those Wisconsin talks. Of course, might open Arkansas talks...

GTJason

Flats Noob
I read somewhere that Custis and someone else is being courted by Wisconsin, we really need to hold on to the verbals that we have, fingers crossed on that of course.
Wilson is enrolling in January, likely giving himself an inside track to a position on the depth chart. Also didn't Custis have below a 3.0 GPA in highschool? Can't remember but getting admitted might cause some issues.

OldGold75

Damn Good Rat
Cuctis from Lovejoy having a good night in State Semifinals vs. North Cobb. Over 200 yds & still a quarter to play.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Watched some of Lovejoy tonight. Custis is a BEAST. I haven't followed recruiting that closely this year, but this guy looks big-time.

olgoldandwhite

Dodd-Like
Who was the RB from Norcross on GPTV? He has some serious wheels. Announcers mentioned Oregon and Alabama there watching him. #6 I believe.

AE 87

Dodd-Like
^^^ GT recruiting thread is a troll thread, that's about right (I know he ripped it from secrant)

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
Watched some of Lovejoy tonight. Custis is a BEAST. I haven't followed recruiting that closely this year, but this guy looks big-time.
Apparently you're not the only one with that opinion. Saban has his boys on Custis now.