Official 2013 Recruiting Thread.

Apparently you're not the only one with that opinion. Saban has his boys on Custis now.

Let's see, Saban has verbals from two stud RB's already, is reportedly close to landing the Kamara kid from Norcross and probably has another six or seven already stashed on his 175 man (it might be even bigger, who knows?) roster, let's hope that Custis has a calculator handy when he considers what his PT might be there ...:squint:

Let's see, Saban has verbals from two stud RB's already, is reportedly close to landing the Kamara kid from Norcross and probably has another six or seven already stashed on his 175 man (it might be even bigger, who knows?) roster, let's hope that Custis has a calculator handy when he considers what his PT might be there ...:squint:

Devil's advocate: You crack through into the top 2 (possibly 3) RB rotation for Bama, you ARE going to the NFL. That's no guarantee here.

Most of these recruits aren't afraid of competition for playing time nor should they be - if they are, you probably don't want them anyway.

Devil's advocate: You crack through into the top 2 (possibly 3) RB rotation for Bama, you ARE going to the NFL. That's no guarantee here.

Most of these recruits aren't afraid of competition for playing time nor should they be - if they are, you probably don't want them anyway.

The last two starting B-backs to leave Tech were drafted. I think we are ok in that arena. Will Sims be drafted? Probably not, but if Cutsis comes in and wins the starting job and goes to the NFL that would be 3/4.

The last two starting B-backs to leave Tech were drafted. I think we are ok in that arena. Will Sims be drafted? Probably not, but if Cutsis comes in and wins the starting job and goes to the NFL that would be 3/4.

Don't try to be positive around here :cool:

Alabama has had 5 running backs drafted in the last decade.

We have had 4.

Sims wasn't recruited as a Bback. If you can grab the starting job here, you are going to get yards and carries. We just haven't had a guy grab the job the last two years.

Apparently you're not the only one with that opinion. Saban has his boys on Custis now.
Pretty good look at the situation in the AJC: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/12/nick-saban-is-taking-a-look-at-georgia-techs-top-recriut/

Honestly while our recruiting class isn't flashy it has the makings of a lot of Diamonds in the rough. I know "they all come highly recommended" but we're getting in early on good players who are panning out in their senior year. The big OLs from East Point, and a few big/tall/fast guys at receiver, a few big running backs, and some defensive needs being filled, looks good to me despite what Rivals says...

Sims wasn't recruited as a Bback. If you can grab the starting job here, you are going to get yards and carries. We just haven't had a guy grab the job the last two years.

Sims has been injured on and off throughout the year. Had he started the year healthy and stayed healthy, he would have been the starter the entire season. His numbers would have been much better as well.

BBacks in our offense will indeed get a chance if they're productive. Tailbacks in Bamas offense are failures if they're drafted in the 3rd round.

Who believes Orwin will be drafted higher than either Yeldon or Lacy? Anyone?

Pretty good look at the situation in the AJC: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/12/nick-saban-is-taking-a-look-at-georgia-techs-top-recriut/

Honestly while our recruiting class isn't flashy it has the makings of a lot of Diamonds in the rough. I know "they all come highly recommended" but we're getting in early on good players who are panning out in their senior year. The big OLs from East Point, and a few big/tall/fast guys at receiver, a few big running backs, and some defensive needs being filled, looks good to me despite what Rivals says...

Is it just me or does this coach sound like another guy trying to steer his player away from GT to a more featured and prominent program in his eyes? I feel like we recruit against EVERYONE in the system...the coaches, the media, the other colleges, the hill, the families and state itself...seriously...how hard is it to recruit for GT?

Is it just me or does this coach sound like another guy trying to steer his player away from GT to a more featured and prominent program in his eyes? I feel like we recruit against EVERYONE in the system...the coaches, the media, the other colleges, the hill, the families and state itself...seriously...how hard is it to recruit for GT?

He says numerous times he thinks Cutsis will be going to GT...

Custis is only rated 3 stars. Why is Bammy interested in such a lowly rated player?

Enough with the diamonds in the rough stuff. We hear it every year, but I haven't seen any diamonds yet.

He says numerous times he thinks Cutsis will be going to GT...

I read that, but that doesn't mean that's what he wants him to do, or is telling him to do.

He also says he thinks Custis would look great dotting the I at Wisconsin which is a great Tailback school.

Because 10 years ago is relevant when comparing RBs in Saban's current offense vs ours.

Alabama has 4 since 2007 (Saban's first year), we have 3 since 2008 (CPJ's first year).

I suppose that isn't relevant either.

I read that, but that doesn't mean that's what he wants him to do, or is telling him to do.

He also says he thinks Custis would look great dotting the I at Wisconsin which is a great Tailback school.

"People like Wisconsin are in here constantly. They’re a tailback-oriented team. They think he would do a great job dotting their I-formation."

Dude, try actually reading the article. He clearly didn't say he thought he would look great dotting their I or that they are a "great" tailback school.

I see absolutely zero in that article that makes me think he's trying to sway Custis in one way or the other. There is no mention of himself except to say that he coached Choice and Custis and thinks Custis is better.

Okay, so if the first year guy doesn't count, Bama has 3 and we have 2.

Such a vast gulf, it's unbelievable.

mind-blown.jpg

Enough with the diamonds in the rough stuff. We hear it every year, but I haven't seen any diamonds yet.
I don't think many people were excited about the classes of 2008-2010. 2011 was the first class where it seemed like we got some REALLY good players. Most of those guys are RS FR this year. Lee, JHD, Golden, Greene, Waller, Laskey off the top of my head, probably missing a few. These guys are in year 2 of a system and doing okay. You don't see any diamonds in there? From last year Autry, Gotsis, and Henry are already playing, and I'm pretty sure Kallon and Thomas will be serviceable.

I think our recruiting in CPJ's first few years is why we suck right now, not the recent recruiting. There is a reason these FR and RSFR are beating out SRs to play. It's clear that we need to start relationships with these kids early on in highschool so we were at a disadvantage in the first few years. When did Gailey get good at recruiting? After he had been here for a while.

I can deal with bad seasons as long as there is hope and I have enough 750ml bottles of medicine to take care of me. We're never going to get top recruits no matter who is coach and I think we can all agree that CPJ would win a MNC with recruiting classes half as good as Bama always gets. We have to do more with less and I think CPJ is the guy to do that, I just hope we don't run him off before he has a chance to have an experienced Vad Lee led team.

Back