Official 2020 Georgia Tech football schedule

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
This is one of the things we need to be highlighting to recruits. uga puffs their chest about playing against the best with their mighty sec schedule. But they play in the East and only get Bama/LSU/A&M 6 total times every 12 seasons.

We have a tougher schedule than them year in and year out. And we should be making that known.
Well now that you put it that way, here, sir, is your link:

“Sources: The SEC coaches call on Thursday became contentious,” Thamel tweeted on Friday. “At least five SEC coaches expressed frustration over the lack of transparency regarding the inability to produce a "formula" for how the two additional league opponents were chosen.”

When going over the new opponents on each team’s 2020 slate, it’s clear which teams got a worse shake than others. Arkansas, a team mired in misery over the last two seasons, drew Georgia and Florida from the East. Tennessee, already with Alabam on its schedule as a full-time opponent, got Auburn and Texas A&M.

On the other side of that coin, Alabama added Missouri and Kentucky while Georgia added Arkansas and Mississippi State. Without a clear explanation from the SEC, some coaches may have been frustrated with the lack of knowledge about how new games were determined.
SEC coaches call gets contentious over schedules

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Do y’all think the ACC schedule with be pushed back to coincide with the SEC? Or will the ACC want to be the only game in town for a week?

Last edited:

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Do y’all think the Acc schedule with be pushed back to coincide with the Sec? Or will the acc want to be the only game in town for a week?
I don't think so because we have out of conference games already scheduled in the middle of the season.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
Is it suspicious to anyone else that the 3 NC triangle schools all miss Clemson? UNC, NC St, Duke (and Louisville) all don't play Clemson.
Curious, would it be possible to have more than 2 teams undefeated with this 15 team/10 game schedule, and if so (even however unlikely) how do you pick the 2 for the conference championship game?
What would be curious is if all of them HAD to play Clemson.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I usually go to all our home and road games, so this has never been a problem, but this year, I may or may not be able to get home tix and probably won’t make it to road games, so I’ll have to watch on TV.

I’ve got Comcast, so no ACC Network. What’s my best option for getting ACCN for the season? I’m not really interested in upheaval of my cable/internet at the moment. YouTube TV with a free month trial? Any other streaming-type options that folks recommend?

JRjr

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I usually go to all our home and road games, so this has never been a problem, but this year, I may or may not be able to get home tix and probably won’t make it to road games, so I’ll have to watch on TV.

I’ve got Comcast, so no ACC Network. What’s my best option for getting ACCN for the season? I’m not really interested in upheaval of my cable/internet at the moment. YouTube TV with a free month trial? Any other streaming-type options that folks recommend?

JRjr
Find a buddy or family member with a YTTV account and ask to bum their username/password from September through Monday, January 11, 2021.

GoGATech

Big Dummy

JRjr
I have Hulu Live. Not sure about right now, but I know at one time YTTV did not have Fox Sports SE or Fox Sports South, and sometimes the ACC games would end up on the Fox Sports network.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
I have Hulu Live. Not sure about right now, but I know at one time YTTV did not have Fox Sports SE or Fox Sports South, and sometimes the ACC games would end up on the Fox Sports network.
YouTube tv currently has both FSSE and FSS.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like
Since when? I am in Knoxville and they recently took FSSE from me. Just FSTN. I am missing many Braves games on YoutubeTV. Pondered switching to Hulu.
It must depend on where you live. I'm in Metro Atlanta area and have both. And don't have FSTN, of course.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Mark your calendars:

The Rose Bowl will neither be part of the playoff, nor have a Big 10 team, nor have a Pac 12 team. That's the first time that's ever happened, except for two WWI years.

EDIT: @cyptomcat notes that apparently the Rose Bowl is part of the playoff this year, so nevermind.

Last edited:

cyptomcat

Hibernating
The Rose Bowl will neither be part of the playoff, nor have a Big 10 team, nor have a Pac 12 team. That's the first time that's ever happened, except for two WWI years.
The graphic is confusing, but this is explained at the link:
"The top four teams will participate in the Playoff Semifinals Friday, January 1, in the Rose Bowl Game and the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The national championship game will be played Monday, January 11, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. The committee will also announce the matchups for the Goodyear Cotton Bowl, PlayStation Fiesta Bowl and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Dec. 20."

So, the Rose Bowl will be part of the playoff.