Official 2020 Georgia Tech football schedule

Just go ahead and shoot your deer at sunrise and there is no problem. Especially if we get a night game.
That’s easy to say if you’re in a deer Mecca. I’ve hunted in both world class spots and horrible spots where you could go a month without seeing a deer. Unfortunately two baseball players bought up the world class spot.

That’s easy to say if you’re in a deer Mecca. I’ve hunted in both world class spots and horrible spots where you could go a month without seeing a deer. Unfortunately two baseball players bought up the world class spot.
I hunt. I know. You took me waaayyy too seriously.

I will not get disowned by my family. There is a wedding on October 3rd. We are idle. I have said FOR YEARS to not schedule weddings during football season.
Dude my wife has too many friends that are getting married. We were going to have six Weddings this year and neither Hell nor disease can ease the wrath of a bride.

I know it's a home game for us, but apparently something with UL and Friday night games, they have 3 this year.
you ever seen Kentucky high school football?
neither has anybody else.

(actually, I have. saw a state championship game. two of them, in fact. on the same day. also saw the kentucky high school sweet 16. a much bigger crowd at the hoops. hell, they even had mixed drinks for sale there.)

Whatever, I do not care. If we all make it to 1/1/2021 without anyone needing to use the original west stands as a makeshift, Cloverfield-style bomb shelter, maybe we have a decent chance of getting in all the games on this slate. Play the games, tell me when and where I can watch them from, I will handle the drinking and the sobbing.

All is lost. Go Jackets.

I REALLY liked this schedule until I thought of it this way...

Week 1: play in Florida
Week 2: play team from Disney World
Week 3: travel to New York

Not necessarily the best Covid-based schedule. The conspiracy theorist in me believes this is John Swofford’s final attempt to shut down our program.

Last edited:
I will be so happy if these games get played that I'm not really concerned about the W/L record this year. Considering all the uncertainty leading up to the season, I think this will be a bonus year for the coaching staff and players to continue the transition and get experience on the field without the usual pressure of expectations.
Exactly. We need to see if our improved recruiting translates to better play on the field. Wins are nice, but if we play better it will help with future recruiting. And, as you pointed out, the roster still needs flipping.

Back