Official 2020 Season Juice Thread

Q: Tell us about how the DTs are looking?
A: Talks about multiple DEs.

We're getting pushed around up the middle again this year.

My guess is if T.K. can take the next step we will be ok, but for now that's the big if. It think Martin/Lee/Brooks probably are what they are at this point. But if T.K. can make plays that group would get a needed boost.

I'll say this for coach on that question and every other question he has been asked over the last ~18 months. He controls the narrative. Everyone's question or statement is just a jumping off point to get to where he is inevitably going to go. The pro to that is he is a positive guy so listening to him talk about the guys/program isn't bad. The con is he will rarely ever give you anything substantial or direct about what was asked. But i guess that's no different than most coaches i guess, he's just got it turned up to 11.

Multiple targets in 2022.
Zeke Biggers in 2021.
Can’t count 2020 as it was too late in the cycle.
But he was supposed to already have 4 five-star starters with 4 more backing up those

Q: Tell us about how the DTs are looking?
A: Talks about multiple DEs.

We're getting pushed around up the middle again this year.

Let me interpret the coach-speak.

1. Our OL is going to rock! We have some innovation we are keeping under wraps. (I interpret this as blocking schemes designed to get Gibbs the ball in space. I think that cuz if I were a GT offensive coach I would spend my nights counting Gibbs touchdowns to go to sleep, and figuring out how to achieve them.) And Ryan Johnson is all that, a bag of chips, and a Waffle House To-Go cup.

2. Our DL will suck for another year.

3. Our placekickers suck.

Note: last year, every unit save rb and db sucked, so this is strong progress.

Turn your TV to the ACCN right now for 1999 awesome ending

We won, btw, for those wondering. Attempted a FG "ON THIRD DOWN?!?!?". Got blocked. Godsey recovered. Manget kicked it through on 4th down. Stadium almost collapses
Brilliant coaching decision. And no hesitation on making the call. O'Leary was one of the best game managers I have ever seen. Always knew exactly what to do and was completely prepared for it.

Next time you watch it, after the dwags blocked it, Donnan was completely confused and thought it was dwag football. Ref had to explain it to him that it was still our ball.

Last edited:
We are gonna kill the ACC I'm a few years. Ded
Remember he was a “3*” recruit. Collins has pulled together a staff that knows how to evaluate, and my gut tells me this class is even better than its ranking. Can’t wait to see these guys on the field with a few years of development under their belt. Add in a couple more classes like this and it’s going to be fun.

Brilliant coaching decision. And no hesitation on making the call. O'Leary was one of the best game managers I have every seen. Always knew exactly what to do and was completely prepared for it.

Next time you watch it, after the dwags blocked it, Donnan was completely confused and thought it was dwag football. Ref had to explain it to him that we we to kick it again.
GOL should have retired at GT. Of course, the one damn school he wanted to coach offered him a job, and then screwed him. I have no doubt that, had he stayed, we'd be a perennial top 15 team and perhaps would have played for a natty or two.

Back