Official 2020 Season Juice Thread

Vaipulu looks like a leader out there. We're talking about a true freshman.

Pat McAfee loves some GT:

Context of this was he was talking about SEC and ACC being the only relevant conferences in CFP aside from tOSU. He was mentioning that right now Clemson is the only one carrying the banner for ACC, then he mentions this:

Really good interview. Love having the media buying in and talking us up, and I love his messaging and enthusiasm. Hopefully it’ll start translating onto the field this year. (Was a little disappointed that they teed up an opportunity to throw the SEC under the bus for opting out of the +1 games with the ACC and he didn't take it, though.)

I’d love to see Georgia Tech, athletically and academically, show people the right way to handle this pandemic by being bold and smart at the same time.

JRjr

Last edited:
Did an interview on Pat McAfee show this morning came off really well:

at the 11:30am mark

Interesting that McAfee has been emphasizing the "name, image, likeness" thing repeatedly. I take it he means that GT has some kind of competitive advantage in recruiting because our players will be better able to monetize their "name, image, likeness" thanks to our location in Atlanta.

I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Monetization of players' "name, image, likeness" will correlate with the size and depth of fanbases. And in that regard I don't think we have a particular competitive advantage.

Back