Official argue about the old coach thread

Fei has our defense ranked below Georgia state. We traded an offense that worked for a defense that seems worse than roof.

Not true in 2018. Any schematic advantage we got from Johnson’s offense was gone due to 1) consistently poor recruiting, 2) significant rule changes on blocking. Do not underestimate how bad the blocking rule changes were for us.

1) had a lot more to do with MBob than people want to acknowledge
2) the rule changes definitely had a huge impact on Johnson's offensive scheme

We did not have a schematic advantage.

Yeah we did. That's why CPJ's roster which I'm sure you would argue was crap, made it to a bowl game. It would be hard to argue our roster isn't better now; but minus any sort of schematic advantage we are obviously worse as a team. It really isn't debatable. Our schematic advantage propped up a weaker roster in 2018 than the roster we have now to produce a significantly better product on the field than what we currently have.

Last edited:
Yeah we did. That's why CPJ's roster which I'm sure you would argue was crap, made it to a bowl game. It would be hard to argue our roster isn't better now; but minus any sort of schematic advantage we are obviously worse as team. It really isn't debatable. Our schematic advantage propped up a weaker roster in 2018 than the roster we have now to produce a significantly better product on the field than what we currently have.
I don’t understand how anyone can argue with that at this point. We had a winning record in the ACC that year. Hell, had we not laid an egg against Pitt, we would’ve been in the ACCCG. All of that in a season that was so disappointing, the coach retired.

Back