Official Bowl Games Thread

The Jacket

The Coat
I wish this referee didn’t feel the need to explain EVERYTHING on-mic.

JRjr
I think with that stupid "giving him the business" crap from Ron Cherry, (which a ton of people apparently find hilarious) a signal went up for middle-aged attention-whore males: you can throw your weight around, command the attention of thousands, and determine the outcome of games that matter to people. I feel nauseous every time I see a ref who is clearly, acutely aware of every second he has the camera directly on him.

I really, really ööööing hate referees.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
We'd be flagged for a block in the back on that last Sooner TD run

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Seems like ticky-tack targeting if that stands. Was face mask to face mask with a weird angle as the receiver went to the ground.

JRjr

The Jacket

The Coat
Lol, announcers still sucking SEC knob in the beat down.
This year, Ohio State is/will be getting the same treatment. Even if Clemson blasts them by 40, we'll still hear them talking about how tOSU belonged there, and "earned" their place, etc. The phrase "you've gotta respect Ohio State for-" will be a common refrain.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Ok - Go Wake Forest!

Ok- did I read that right - there is a guy for Wisconsin named Vanden Boom?? Whoa.

14 all at halftime? Oh, please WF win this.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I was just wondering if Notre Dame might give Alabama more trouble than expected. I'm sure almost nobody wants it, but I'd actually like to see a Clemson-Notre Dame trilogy this year. We can get another Clemson-Alabama match-up anytime.
I’m in for a ND / Clemson rematch.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Not much on the bowl slate today.

Clanga-clanga is up 7-3 on Tulsa.

WVU and Army play at 4. Ball State and San Jose State at 2. SJSU is #22, Tulsa is #24 - lot of odd G5 schools in the top 25 this season.

JRjr

georgytech

Varsity Lurker
This Tulsa- Miss St game has a lot of hawing going on , refs need to assemble both teams & lay down the law.
Pulling for Tulsa because their team name was inspired by GT

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Peaceful Protest at the Armed Forces Bowl! I missed the Facebook invite.

GTJACKET

Varsity Lurker
Watching WVU - ARMY. I like how Army has “ARMY” on the back of jersey instead of names. I think we should have TECH instead of names for at least one jersey. We should wear it against VT, so it’s clear to them that we are the real TECH.