Official: Check in here to eat your CGC and Sims crow

If today did not convince you we have one of the weakest coaching staffs in the country, I’m not sure what will. We have substantially better talent at every position than Dook, needed a correct (but frankly lucky to get as they normally look the other way in such situations) penalty flag by an observant ref, then a partial whiff on a jam and a damn near perfect throw to win. No GT fan wanted our FG unit to try a game tying FG of any distance given our unreliability.

This is the weakest the ACC has been since O’Leary’s days of Free Shoes & everybody else. It’s still possible we go .500 in ACC play, which should be the bare minimum given the weakness of our schedule, and get us to 5 wins the expected total for the year. Problem is, I’m not sure there’s much more upside with the liabilities we have on the sideline. I’m not even sure some of them are capable of learning, they’re all practically 1 or 2 levels above their glass ceilings. You have to get to the position coaches before you can identify anyone you’d want to keep at this point.

If I’m Stansbury, my head’s aching right now. There’s no good way out.

The irony is I think some of the position coaches are where the firings need to start.

It is legitimately unbelievable that anyone thinks the amount of "love" Collins is getting now is even remotely comparable to the love CPJ received after winning the Orange Bowl.
True. Buts it’s also ironically about the same amount of hate CPJ got even after winning that orange bowl. The 3O haters were gnashing their teeth at that win and the resulting extra years they were gonna have to watch more OL dive on the ground in front of DL.

If today did not convince you we have one of the weakest coaching staffs in the country, I’m not sure what will. We have substantially better talent at every position than Dook, needed a correct (but frankly lucky to get as they normally look the other way in such situations) penalty flag by an observant ref, then a partial whiff on a jam and a damn near perfect throw to win. No GT fan wanted our FG unit to try a game tying FG of any distance given our unreliability.

This is the weakest the ACC has been since O’Leary’s days of Free Shoes & everybody else. It’s still possible we go .500 in ACC play, which should be the bare minimum given the weakness of our schedule, and get us to 5 wins the expected total for the year. Problem is, I’m not sure there’s much more upside with the liabilities we have on the sideline. I’m not even sure some of them are capable of learning, they’re all practically 1 or 2 levels above their glass ceilings. You have to get to the position coaches before you can identify anyone you’d want to keep at this point.

If I’m Stansbury, my head’s aching right now. There’s no good way out.
There isn’t even a bad way out until Tech wants to pay better to get better coaches.

True. Buts it’s also ironically about the same amount of hate CPJ got even after winning that orange bowl. The 3O haters were gnashing their teeth at that win and the resulting extra years they were gonna have to watch more OL dive on the ground in front of DL.

I feel like the similar thing we are going to see with Collins is that no matter what happens from here on out, any close win is going to be "players won in spite of coaches" for some people. In this case that could still be what is true, but I don't think there will ever be disproving that for some now.

I simply celebrated a game winning drive with less than 2 Mins to go in the Game, and someone else brought up past Coaches

Guys like you want CGC to fail so you can be "right", you sound as if you are mad we won cause all your comments this week are now worthless.

Before I go, Sims was 12 of 25 for 297 yds 3TDs and 2 Ints.

If Sims had any level of help from our OLine he would have a good chance to throw for 350 yds every week, basically an All-ACC Level QB, you and your Sims critics can put that in your pipes & smoke that.

I'm like the Coach in the Movie Hoosiers, I support the Team we put on the field every week, I don't support the Team you hope we will be someday, try it you might like it.

I'm a real GT Fan and you're the fan of a system, so that GT can have "an identity" so you can feel good about your Fandom.

Name calling should be beneath a Tech Alum.
Please post your Tech degree and year earned info.

Thought we lost an unacceptable 4-5 in a row to puke

iiwii
I only know off the top if my head because I also thought he struggled against Duke, but that was a recent development.

I vaguely follow Duke (but really hate their sports) because of having a grad degree from there and I can promise you this is not the same Duke we struggled with for a while. They are back pretty close to the Duke football we all know and love. I doubt Cutcliffe will be around too long, partly his age but the program is in bad shape again. The Dukies went from worshipping Cut to praying for him to leave asap.

I vaguely follow Duke (but really hate their sports) because of having a grad degree from there and I can promise you this is not the same Duke we struggled with for a while. They are back pretty close to the Duke football we all know and love. I doubt Cutcliffe will be around too long, partly his age but the program is in bad shape again. The Dukies went from worshipping Cut to praying for him to leave asap.

They're going to suck after he leaves, too. He's the only coach to have even a morsel of success at Duke in 30 years.

They're going to suck after he leaves, too. He's the only coach to have even a morsel of success at Duke in 30 years.
He’s having dook success. There’s a difference between that and success for normal people.

Back