Official Clown Destroyed Postgame Thread

How do you not fire The Clown for not having safeties at least 20 yards deep and no safety in the middle of the field on that last play? Laughable!!!
Because you don’t want to admit your mistake? Stansbury went down with Collins rather than admit he made a bad hire. Brown should relegate Collins at this point, same way Key did Thacker. But he might be past the point of caring if this is his last season.

UNC has ruined several seasons for us. They almost cost us a MNC in 1990, too. Wasn't it something like 50 years between wins in Chapel Hill? I know we didn't play them every year during that time. I was having flashbacks from as far back as 1987 and Bobby Ross's first year. Then I started having Dennis Scott flashbacks. First the Pukes and now the Tar Holes. Wonderful!

Surrender cobra sighting!
1000005402.jpg
He was not alone. Pretty sure William Keenan was doing this in his grave

UNC has ruined several seasons for us. They almost cost us a MNC in 1990, too. Wasn't it something like 50 years between wins in Chapel Hill? I know we didn't play them every year during that time. I was having flashbacks from as far back as 1987 and Bobby Ross's first year. Then I started having Dennis Scott flashbacks. First the Pukes and now the Tar Holes. Wonderful!

We're on quite a run with UNC too. Each one feels at least as good as the last.

King looked pretty gimpy coming off the field after getting pounded at the goal line late in the game. (We did eventually score, though.) I don’t think he’s 100%.

An ugly win is a win, so that’s good. We dominated statistically, so that’s good, but stats are for losers. We looked like ass on offense for the middle 45 minutes of the game and were losing for a while - that’s not good.

JRjr

Are we really at the point where 50 yarders are kicks kickers shouldn’t miss in college?

I just watch the Texas kicker miss the same 45 yarder twice in a row after being given a mulligan from a late timeout.

I know Birr has a couple tough misses but they’ve all been 40+ no?
He has missed kicks in the 35-45yd range. Before today I believe he has been .500. Kickers nowadays are routinely making longer kicks, in both college as well as the pros. He’s been very inconsistent.

I agree the fake injury is a bad look and I was annoyed, but it’s not like we are the only team that does it. We are one of every teams in college football that does it, but it was kind of a bit too much late in the game.

He has missed kicks in the 35-45yd range. Before today I believe he has been .500. Kickers nowadays are routinely making longer kicks, in both college as well as the pros. He’s been very inconsistent.
I don’t know that that is true. He is 1-3 from 40-49, and 0-2 from 50+. He’s not missing by much, in fact his stats are pretty similar to Butker his junior year. I think he’s been asked to take some questionable kicks. I don’t think it’s a major concern, just not a major weapon.

Back