Official Clown Destroyed Postgame Thread

ND is now a great matchup? That whole damn Game Thread says the coaches, D, etc, etc, etc, etc stink. Yet ND is a great matchup?

If you really think GT is better than their record says they are, you haven’t been watching. The fact that this team has WON close games is a huge! The team STILL has major improvement needed along the DL, etc. That is on the way next year.

This is a 6-7 win team. Always was with the schedule in place.

GT’s schedule lightens up in a big way next year, and 9 wins is very much within reach if pieces on O stay, and recruiting + Portal help fill some gaps/depth.
ND’s Louisville and NIU games suggest we’re not totally outclassed. They’ll be TD favorites I would guess, but it’s a winnable game.
It's really odd because when King beat Pyron out we all thought we had the best QB situation at Tech in terms of depth in a long time, perhaps ever.

And then a situation where we actually need it comes into play and we're too scared to treat him like an actual QB. Those were the plays you call for a third or fourth stringer.

What happened?
Key believed they couldn’t stop our run game. Don’t overread it. He was overconfident about the run game, but Jamal Haynes bailed him out in the end. And it was a glorious ending, a dagger through clown boy’s heart.

It seemed to me the way King was holding his arm/shoulder (throwing arm) and the fact they held him out at a crucial time I’m hoping it’s not too serious. If Pyron has to start next week and falters I’m not worried because Philo has shown/demonstrated he has command of the offense. I think he’s the future at QB. I know they’re trying to preserve his RS. As for special teams, they have got to fix kick off and punt return coverage in a serious way. Shanahan is a slightly below avg punter. Birr continues to miss kicks he shouldn’t and almost lost the game. Again. Going to a 3 man front late in the 4th qtr was peculiar given our success with getting to him with the front 4. It left the middle of the field wide open allowing UNc to march down the field for their last TD. Thankfully we have a great running game when all the backs and the OL is healthy. They’re the backbone of our offense right now. Had we had them all 100% for the Syracuse and Louisville game, we’d probably be undefeated right now. Crucial personal foul penalties really hurt today. Got to stay disciplined on D.

1000005393.jpg

It seemed to me the way King was holding his arm/shoulder (throwing arm) and the fact they held him out at a crucial time I’m hoping it’s not too serious. If Pyron has to start next week and falters I’m not worried because Philo has shown/demonstrated he has command of the offense. I think he’s the future at QB. I know they’re trying to preserve his RS. As for special teams, they have got to fix kick off and punt return coverage in a serious way. Shanahan is a slightly below avg punter. Birr continues to miss kicks he shouldn’t and almost lost the game. Again. Going to a 3 man front late in the 4th qtr was peculiar given our success with getting to him with the front 4. It left the middle of the field wide open allowing UNc to march down the field for their last TD. Thankfully we have a great running game when all the backs and the OL is healthy. They’re the backbone of our offense right now. Had we had them all 100% for the Syracuse and Louisville game, we’d probably be undefeated right now. Crucial personal foul penalties really hurt today. Got to stay disciplined on D.
Are we really at the point where 50 yarders are kicks kickers shouldn’t miss in college?

I just watch the Texas kicker miss the same 45 yarder twice in a row after being given a mulligan from a late timeout.

I know Birr has a couple tough misses but they’ve all been 40+ no?

It seemed to me the way King was holding his arm/shoulder (throwing arm) and the fact they held him out at a crucial time I’m hoping it’s not too serious

Had to listen to this one as I was on the road. Andy and the sideline reporter mentioned that Haynes had a right shoulder issue and spent lengthy time in the blue tent getting worked on. Let's hope that it is minor and he can play next week.

Back