Official everyone laugh at uga and Kirby Shart thread

Probably 3 against UNC, Missouri, and Nicholls
Yea, UNC was a better team that day but the refs had it in for them and Missouri went full Ted Roof at the end to allow the winning score.

Georgia doesn't look like a good football team.

I bet Shart really is all clogged with poo this morning. He looked constipated after the game, for some reason, even though the loss wasn't his fault. Probably on the pot trying to pinch one off as I type.

image.jpeg

Kirby Goff will be gone after the 2018 season. I can't see him being head coach of UGAG any longer than that.

Look, she was just wrong. If those kids down in Athens can be taught to read and rite just a bit, maybe they can work in a post office instead of being garbage men.
A lot of UGAG fans blame her for the downturn in Vince Dooley's fortunes in his last 4-5 seasons.:crazy2:

Isn't that an actual quote?

In Atlanta Federal Court in January 1986, university officials defended their actions concerning the football players, saying the athletes had been admitted to the regular curriculum because they were making progress in their studies. Dr. Kemp, they said, was dismissed for disruptive conduct and for failure to conduct adequate scholarly research

O. Hale Almand Jr., a lawyer for the defense, offered a justification for the favorable treatment accorded the athletes, citing a hypothetical player. “We may not make a university student out of him,” he told the jury, “but if we can teach him to read and write, maybe he can work at the post office rather than as a garbageman when he gets through with his athletic career.”

Although Dr. Kemp was ultimately vindicated, she said she suffered emotional turmoil from the dispute and twice attempted suicide in 1982.

Notwithstanding her travails, she made her point.

“All over the country, athletes are used to produce revenue,” she told The New York Times a month after the trial. “I’ve seen what happens when the lights dim and the crowd fades. They’re left with nothing. I want that stopped

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/education/12kemp.html?_r=0

In Atlanta Federal Court in January 1986, university officials defended their actions concerning the football players, saying the athletes had been admitted to the regular curriculum because they were making progress in their studies. Dr. Kemp, they said, was dismissed for disruptive conduct and for failure to conduct adequate scholarly research

O. Hale Almand Jr., a lawyer for the defense, offered a justification for the favorable treatment accorded the athletes, citing a hypothetical player. “We may not make a university student out of him,” he told the jury, “but if we can teach him to read and write, maybe he can work at the post office rather than as a garbageman when he gets through with his athletic career.”

Although Dr. Kemp was ultimately vindicated, she said she suffered emotional turmoil from the dispute and twice attempted suicide in 1982.

Notwithstanding her travails, she made her point.

“All over the country, athletes are used to produce revenue,” she told The New York Times a month after the trial. “I’ve seen what happens when the lights dim and the crowd fades. They’re left with nothing. I want that stopped

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/education/12kemp.html?_r=0
Nothing really has changed

Back