OFFICIAL Falcons Playoffs Thread

You'd swear these guys just won the Super Bowl. "ers will be out for blood next week.

It's a big game for this team, winning their first playoff game, and doing it in the way they did deserves a little bit of celebration. It would be different if the New England Patriots were celebrating like that.

It's a big game for this team, winning their first playoff game, and doing it in the way they did deserves a little bit of celebration. It would be different if the New England Patriots were celebrating like that.

Wut? I remember watching the dirty birds in the Super Bowl in 99. How'd they do that without winning a playoff game?

Wut? I remember watching the dirty birds in the Super Bowl in 99. How'd they do that without winning a playoff game?

You know what the öööö I mean, ass. It's their first win under Mike Smith, and Matt Ryan's first playoff win. I don't recall anyone giving anyone on this team credit for the '98 Super Bowl run, or even the '04 NFC Championship game appearance.

GT wins a bowl game and Falcons win a playoff game. This football season has not been all that bad.

You know what the öööö I mean, ass. It's their first win under Mike Smith, and Matt Ryan's first playoff win. I don't recall anyone giving anyone on this team credit for the '98 Super Bowl run, or even the '04 NFC Championship game appearance.

This was the first playoff game for this team... so of course this is their first playoff win. In case you didn't know, they had a bye last week.

And to think... I thought the Falcons had it in the bag and left the house after 3rd quarter. Sheesh!

Game ball to Michael Turner. No way they win that game without his performance.

Niners have trouble with big backs (Stephen Jackson and Marshawn ate us up this year). 1-2-1 against those guys.

Understood. But you don't to get too up after just the first game.

I think that's where the 49ers have an edge. They have been there and done that in the playoffs.

I think that's where the 49ers have an edge. They have been there and done that in the playoffs.

Yep. They've been to the NFC championship and lost it. Good practice for losing it again next week.

Understood. But you don't to get too up after just the first game.

I understand your point, but I don't think it was on the level of the Braves having a champagne shower after clinching a wild-card berth. I don't hold it against them for how they reacted after the win, given the pressure on them, and how they almost choked it away. I think it they completed the blowout, it would have been a more muted celebration. Honestly, I think almost blowing the game will lead the Falcons to be more focused this week, knowing that they were 30 seconds from being eliminated...

failpete.0_standard_709.0.gif

I understand your point, but I don't think it was on the level of the Braves having a champagne shower after clinching a wild-card berth. I don't hold it against them for how they reacted after the win, given the pressure on them, and how they almost choked it away. I think it they completed the blowout, it would have been a more muted celebration. Honestly, I think almost blowing the game will lead the Falcons to be more focused this week, knowing that they were 30 seconds from being eliminated...

Celebrate now. The hurt is coming.

Stolen from Oz's facebook page. Apparently Fox presumed we were going to lose:

543764_10100410301569289_433767890_n.jpg

I think I am done....this game itself put way too much pressure on me emotionally. GT, Falcons, Braves...you all are killing me slowly. I really don't care if they win next week after this. And I now feel like I should no longer watch sports after what just happened. Happy? yes. But I just about punched a hole in my TV...not good. I will seek professional help and learn from this. Now....get freaking hammered.

Possibly. We'll see. Should be another good game next week.

Go '9ers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think I am done....this game itself put way too much pressure on me emotionally. GT, Falcons, Braves...you all are killing me slowly. I really don't care if they win next week after this. And I now feel like I should no longer watch sports after what just happened. Happy? yes. But I just about punched a hole in my TV...not good. I will seek professional help and learn from this. Now....get freaking hammered.

Absolutely the only sensible approach. Mike Smith is a psychotic. He lives for the drama so he can go home and have his woman and his friends fawn over him like he's a conqueror. They have lavish dinners and drink cases of champagne and wine. Arthur is a player in this whole messed up penny ante psychodrama. He's the financier. The money architect of some great thing. And he wants a new tax payer funded stadium that we do not need. But by god these pieces of crap are acting like it's Honey Boo Boo on a football field for all of us that are fool enough to fall for this charade. A real football team would have put Seattle to sleep.

Back