Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Castrated Turkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said, it feels like we’re down 50. Score a TD on first possession of the 2nd half and we have a ballgame. Certainly I refuse to get my hopes up until after we actually score.

Not sure I'd admit that if I were Collins. Our team appears to disintegrating. Maybe our staff already has.

This is starting to feel like 1994.
I am ashamed, really, to be here today. Feels weird. VT is in control. We almost get a big play to get us back in the game that is waved off with penalty. Instead of 17-14 at half, we now have 20-7

VT Passing: 193 yds
VT Rushing: 136 yds
= 658 yds for the game on 386 yds passing, 272 yds rushing.

Jeff Sims 7 of 11, 59 yds (5.4ypc), 1 TD, 0 INT
Braxton Burmeister 9 of 16, 193 yds (12.1ypc), 2 TD, 0 INT

incredulous.gif

Watching the game live it looks like CGC is calling the plays on D so maybe Thacker is on his way out. The fans are silent in 104

The problem is I'm not sure that's the problem. It's not just an in-game coaching thing with the secondary, it feels like they have bad instincts. For one, it feels like they try to be the whole defense themselves. They forget the guy they are covering to bite on underneath routes and outside running plays/QB scrambles.

Tennessee has been through 7 HCs in10 years. it was embarrassing how long they had to wait the last time they fired a head coach to get anyone to raise their hand and volunteer to run their dumpster fire.

Our situation would be 10 times worse in terms of budget, fan support and recruiting. And we play in the sucky ACC.

we don’t have the money to fire Collins, and even if we did, there are very few OCs or DCs at any good P5 program that would take this job.
You're painting a no-win scenario.

Nothing will change. Nobody gets fired. While they may not like the results on the field, GT has the program they want, because they continue to tolerate it.

Is Atlanta really the home of most NFL players in the offseason? That...doesn't sound right. I know it's a popular place to live for athletes but most of them?

As has been said, it feels like we’re down 50. Score a TD on first possession of the 2nd half and we have a ballgame. Certainly I refuse to get my hopes up until after we actually score.

I think that feeling is getting to the offense some, just an impression from when their faces get shown.

So much whining here. Same crybabies who were crying here about losing late to Dook . . . until we won.

Tech has been a second half, and really a 4th quarter, team this year. We are only down two scores. There is NO reason Tech cannot come back and win this thing, and even win it going away.

I thought this D had turned the corner when Thacker was flexing on the sideline in the 4th Quarter of the UNC game…I thought wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back