Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Castrated Turkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much whining here. Same crybabies who were crying here about losing late to Dook . . . until we won.

Tech has been a second half, and really a 4th quarter, team this year. We are only down two scores. There is NO reason Tech cannot come back and win this thing, and even win it going away.
I want to believe! :drink1:

The problem is I'm not sure that's the problem. It's not just an in-game coaching thing with the secondary, it feels like they have bad instincts. For one, it feels like they try to be the whole defense themselves. They forget the guy they are covering to bite on underneath routes and outside running plays/QB scrambles.

I'm at work listening to the radio stream. Sean Bedford said while VT was driving for the FG right before the half that there are serious problems with the lack of fundamentals in both the coaching staff and the players. Neither seems to be taking care of the fundamentals which adds up as the game moves on.

He's really sounding discouraged at the program in general.

But he's not a Kim King who is going to go out and sign a defensive coordinator on a cocktail napkin.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I thought we might lose this game (and maybe we won't), but I thought it might be by some untimely turnovers by the offense and the usual leaky defense. Well, the offense has not turn it over, but also not done well at getting first downs (4 punts) and the defense is just absent. (I would say they stayed on the bus, but I think they walked to this one)

Geoff Collins looks excited for second half:
53294D03-2F64-4025-8C3C-5ED3929D75A7.jpeg

Gotta see something in the 2nd half. Anything left of the season is on the line. VPI is bad and about to fire their coach. C'mon guys

So much whining here. Same crybabies who were crying here about losing late to Dook . . . until we won.

Tech has been a second half, and really a 4th quarter, team this year. We are only down two scores. There is NO reason Tech cannot come back and win this thing, and even win it going away.
You wanna make a bet that happens? Loser catches a one week ban.

because from what I’ve seen today, Tech isn’t coming back.

I really thought we had a shot at 5-6 wins after the Duke game; not so much now.
Not sure how you would think that. I said it during the Duke game: we are the inexplicable loss right now. We are the team everyone in our conference circles as a win. Duke missed 3 FG that game and we still barely won.

Soft team. More worried about having fun than winning. Is that a bad thing? I dunno.

You wanna make a bet that happens? Loser catches a one week ban.

because from what I’ve seen today, Tech isn’t coming back.
I don't dislike you enough to want to see you have a one week ban. If it was Coit or The Jacket, I'd be all over it.

He does and it would hurt Collins as much as it hurt Johnson when Mills transferred.

I am not saying we are or should get rid of Collins, but there are better COLLEGE football coaches out there than George Godsey. The only reason he is on our radar here is because he beat UGA as a player

We are a second half team under Collins because we come out so flat and unprepared EVERY FIRST HALF OF EVERY GAME.

Not the way we are playing, friendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back