Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pass defense is just not competitive... three Clemson receivers were open that play. Lawrence looked at the short route and decided to check the downfield play.

I have not been a fan of our offensive philosophy today. I know what we are trying to do, but it isn't working. Going fast probably isn't what we need with 50 second possessions. I'd be trying to limit Clemson possessions, not giving them 8 -9 each half.

The TO hid our useless defense for a decade, keeping the other teams possessions down.

Now that it’s gone, it has to improve a lot or what we do or don’t do on offense won’t mean a thing

I have not been a fan of our offensive philosophy today. I know what we are trying to do, but it isn't working. Going fast probably isn't what we need with 50 second possessions.
Yep. Even our punt after the not targeting we should have run a bit more clock.

Our pass defense is just not competitive... t three Clemson receivers were open that play. Lawrence looked at the short route and decided to check the downfield play.
I couldn’t see from the TV coverage but the top CB (Swilling???) did nothing that play.

Took 3 false steps towards the line, realized it was pass, and then tried to scramble to catch up to his man 7 yards downfield already.

Basically, spent the play covering grass.

That was a pick, should have been OPI
No doubt at all. Refs clearly have an agenda. Are they really that worried that GT would mess up Clemson’s chances so much that they need the refs to influence the game??? Sad.

What will it take for us to have a chance? Three great recruiting classes.

This game is getting out of hand, but I am not disappointed in our play. I hope we don't let this hurt our momentum.

+1
I agree with this. The posters saying we are holding our own in the trenches because our new found size and strength have me baffled though.

Zero chance to get pressure with our front four alone and the secondary can’t cover in man. Nothing coaching can do to fix this today. Take chances at times is all we can ask for.

Wonder why they didn't run that out of shotgun

I have not been a fan of our offensive philosophy today. I know what we are trying to do, but it isn't working. Going fast probably isn't what we need with 50 second possessions. I'd be trying to limit Clemson possessions, not giving them 8 -9 each half.

What exactly can we do that is going to work, for certain?

I couldn’t see from the TV coverage but the top CB (Swilling???) did nothing that play.

Took 3 false steps towards the line, realized it was pass, and then tried to scramble to catch up to his man 7 yards downfield already.

Basically, spent the play covering grass.

I would have to double check. I recall seeing 2 underneath and obviously the one deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back