Official Gameday Thread: GT vs Cupcake #1 [1pm/your favorite "streamer"]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4085.gif
was just sitting here thinking (in man-cave watching 8 games at once) .. that i got to campus over 6 hours ago and this think ain't over yet!

This is embarrassing, but I have to admit I was wrong. I was busy doing something else today. I didn't think the game was on TV. I saw it on my phone when it was in the third quarter. I didn't know there had been a three hour rain delay. If that's why nobody is there, then I'm glad it's not as bad as it looks. Maybe things are not as bad as they looked. That's good. I shouldn't have posted anything just based on a few minutes of watching the game. I won't do that again.
Post anything you want at anytime about when 'toe meets leather'. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

This is embarrassing, but I have to admit I was wrong. I was busy doing something else today. I didn't think the game was on TV. I saw it on my phone when it was in the third quarter. I didn't know there had been a three hour rain delay. If that's why nobody is there, then I'm glad it's not as bad as it looks. Maybe things are not as bad as they looked. That's good. I shouldn't have posted anything just based on a few minutes of watching the game. I won't do that again.
giphy.gif

The backup radio station preempted our post game show with FOX news, Apparently someone let them know and the post game show is back.

From a friend:

It's good to not be listening to Geoff Collins right now saying, "Hats off to SC State. We played at a high level. Just a few breaks from pulling off the win today. I know the players are hurting. I just need to let them know that I love them."

Post anything you want at anytime about when 'toe meets leather'. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
So I decided to click “show ignored content” to see what he posted.

So he complained about nobody being at the game, the admitted he couldn’t be bothered to go to the game?!?!

Why am I not surprised?

So I decided to click “show ignored content” to see what he posted.

So he complained about nobody being at the game, the admitted he couldn’t be bothered to go to the game?!?!

Why am I not surprised?

I started going to Tech games in the late 1950s. For the last 25 years, I have lived in or South of Mobile, Alabama. I kept going to Tech games for as long as I was physically able to go. I wish I could still go, but I will never be able to go to another one. So, do you still stand by your statement that I "couldn't be bothered to go to the game?" I think what you said was really thoughtless and classless, especially since you know absolutely nothing about what you were talking about.

I started going to Tech games in the late 1950s. For the last 25 years, I have lived in or South of Mobile, Alabama. I kept going to Tech games for as long as I was physically able to go. I wish I could still go, but I will never be able to go to another one. So, do you still stand by your statement that I "couldn't be bothered to go to the game?" I think what you said was really thoughtless and classless, especially since you know absolutely nothing about what you were talking about.
Point being, if you don't attend games don't criticize attendance.

Point being, he did attend games before being physically unable. JJ, let’s assume you make every game until you’re 80, at which point you can’t anymore. I think you still have the right to criticize attendance at that point.
Cool. He can keep his damn mouth shut about attendence.

Point being, he did attend games before being physically unable. JJ, let’s assume you make every game until you’re 80, at which point you can’t anymore. I think you still have the right to criticize attendance at that point.
Wait, so who says he would "have the right" to criticize... you? Is this right forfeit the first time you don't attend a game? The first time you don't renew season tix? Or is this a God-given inalienable right? And also who gives a öööö.

Maybe he should stop by default trashing our fanbase and program, especially when he didn't even know the game was delayed for hours and everything else. Was happy to see his mea culpa afterward, but damn it's been 2 games, y'all expect packed stands off the bat after the years we just had? We are on a good track, and hope it continues, so chill the öööö out. And that goes for everyone. CHILL THE öööö OUT YOU WHINING FAIRIES. GOT DAM. öööö YOU ALL.

Wait, so who says he would "have the right" to criticize... you? Is this right forfeit the first time you don't attend a game? The first time you don't renew season tix? Or is this a God-given inalienable right? And also who gives a öööö.

Maybe he should stop by default trashing our fanbase and program, especially when he didn't even know the game was delayed for hours and everything else. Was happy to see his mea culpa afterward, but damn it's been 2 games, y'all expect packed stands off the bat after the years we just had? We are on a good track, and hope it continues, so chill the öööö out. And that goes for everyone. CHILL THE öööö OUT YOU WHINING FAIRIES. GOT DAM. öööö YOU ALL.
I was defending someone who has been a life-long Tech supporter and this is your response? The irony of your chill out comment is palpable.

Separately, I agree that attendance will improve as the wins come in. It’s going to be a fun ride up.

Honestly, this is what I mean about not wanting people like you to associate with Tech. What a low class post.
A low class post is criticizing our attendence from 300 miles away after some of us spent 6.5 hours in the stadium, through lightning and rain, when I also could have been sitting on my ass at home waiting to post an "attendence is bad" comment.

My 80 year old dad walked from A2, walked around the new pregame area, make his way to the upper north to our seats, endured the lightning delay, sat through the entire game - including the Horse after, walked down the 84 stairs after the game from the upper north to the bottom, walked up the hill, down 54 stairs, through the student center and.....was happy and fine with all of it.

I get tired of assholes just waiting to get on here and say "hurr durr....watched it on the TV..... attendence was awful.... embarrassing". Well you know what? We aren't UGAg. Probably never will be again for the rest of history. We have fans who are die hard, life long in some cases.

If you can't attend, fine. Just don't come on here after a long ass day like that, while you sat your ass on a ööööing couch, and complain about attendence.

We won. That is what is important. If Dad and I were the only two left in the stadium at kickoff, IDGAF where the rest of you went. Just don't whine about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back