Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Ol' Piss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Mississippi once. It was enough.
As a young teen, AD and HC emertius Bobby Dodd gave me two pieces of advice as he was leaving the field after GT beat Notre Dame 3-3 , don't take any wooden nickels and don't go to Mississippi to play a football game. He was wrong about one of those.

If King is sharp today, we win. He's been looking good, but we have a sample size of 2 games, and being GT fans, we haven't had a good passing QB since Godsey, so we are used to getting our hopes up.

If King is as good as I hope, he is the next Godsey and we take this.
If King gets decent protection I think he will be fine. The Miss secondary is vulnerable.

If King gets decent protection I think he will be fine. The Miss secondary is vulnerable.
And if their leading receiver and RB are out, it looks good for us. Just hope those two guys being out don't make the team chemistry better for Ole Miss.

If it's any consolation one of my best buds who's a big Ole Miss guy says their win at Tulane was overblown. Says defense sux and Dart is erratic. There may be a weakness. Let's show up and play this game. I think we've got a legitimate shot. Maybe a long shot but let's do this. GO JACKETS!

Thats A Shame GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

We’re about to fly to Memphis. Looking forward to the tailgate. Go Jackets, and Mississippi sucks.
Dang. I should have looked at a map last winter when I was considering going to the game. I didn't realize that Oxford was so close to Memphis. I could have flown there and rented a car.

And if their leading receiver and RB are out, it looks good for us. Just hope those two guys being out don't make the team chemistry better for Ole Miss.
Psy Ops. Judkins will play.

We are fortunate to play a road game this week, considering the Atlanta weather today.

I overnighted in Meridian one time. Didn't seem so bad. Abalama is the state that scares me. There's some really dark hidey holes there.
Well I didn't say I would go to Alabama again either.

Ironically weather is great in Boulder one of the reasons people said prime would be miserable there

I somehow doubt the early fall is what those people had in mind when talking about Colorado weather (still kind of a silly point, but yeah).

Hanging out at The Library on the square in Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back