Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Counterpoint:

5 wins > 3 wins

If this is true, I would be ecstatic! Brent Key would do a great job! If Key gets the job, I would feel more hopeful and positive about the future of Tech football than I have in a very, very long time. Go Jackets!

Let's see, the first hot chick, the hot one on the dance team, turned me down for the prom.
The girl in the glasses, the kinda nerdy but cute and might be dirty, had other plans.
Might as well ask the girl a couple doors down for a prom date.

That's how this coaching search has gone. Congrats Brent Key. You're the third option. We'll have you home by midnight before we head to St Simons and the condo.

Let's see, the first hot chick, the hot one on the dance team, turned me down for the prom.
The girl in the glasses, the kinda nerdy but cute and might be dirty, had other plans.

That's how this coaching search has gone. Congrats Brent Key. You're the third option. We'll have you home by midnight before we head to St Simons and the condo.
We just did the college equivalent of hiring Jeff Saturday.

So we got the girl next door? Everyone knows that's who you want to marry.

Head coaches know that they can only expect an average job tenure of 4-5 years. They also know that luck usually factors into their success, so if they have a good run at a low level program, it's in their best interest to ink a deal at the P5 level that will make them financially set for life. The money being thrown around to attract the latest coach on a hot streak doesn't make sense for non-factory programs, and there's not enough legitimate supercoaches to go around. I'm glad we didn't bankrupt the AA to hire someone whose odds of success don't match their guaranteed cost. Overall, I can't say I'm thrilled with the Key hire, but he's done a good job of putting out the fires, instilling discipline, and maybe he'll continue to grow into the role and become a winner for us.

Apparently ESPN has announced Key as coach. Time to fire most of the staff and let's get started winning some real games.

Hilarious Tweet at this time
1669757847067.jpeg

Serendipitous as hell. The type of stuff fairy tales are made of!

Anyway, my understanding from reading StingTalk is that any marriage to hot or dirty women ends in messy and miserable divorce.
You think Key is fit and agreeable?

First girl divorced you and took all your money and your dog.
Second girl, turned out to be transgender
Third girl turned out to be the best of the group.

More than one way to look at it.

Back