Official GT v UCheat Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
So much quit. This defense is pathetic. Fire everyone. Everyone.

H-town

Helluva Engineer
We did win the Orange Bowl 2 years ago. And then there's FSU last year. Whys errybody so mad?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
People are putting all the blame on Roof because they don't want to admit we don't have a single difference maker on Defense. There isn't one guy on defense you can highlight as a must have player.
And the responsibilities for recruiting talent and coaching up the talent your dealt is on him.

The "wait till his players" thing shouldn't apply to coaches at this level. Scheme, teaching ability, etc should be enough to produce results better than this garbage.

gtyellowjackets

Dodd-Like
I would take Tenuta in a millisecond. 14 yards per carry for their rb? No punts? 700 total yards? 2nd string running all over our defense. Worst defense I have ever seen at GT, even '94

stingmeyall

Flats Noob
I have watched many years of Tech and college football. This is the absolute worst defense I have watched. I think until Ted gets canned we should clear the bench and put some hungry kids on the field. We never play Brandon Adams or Tre Jackson. That is total BS!

GT90

Damn Good Rat
As bad as the defense is, the offense hasn't exactly been stellar. Been hearing endlessly how it's top 10. Doesn't look it. Even before JT5 got hurt.
Offense is moot with this defense

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I have watched many years of Tech and college football. This is the absolute worst defense I have watched. I think until Ted gets canned we should clear the bench and put some hungry kids on the field. We never play Brandon Adams or Tre Jackson. That is total BS!
This defense stinks; but if it is the worst you've seen you haven't watched much GT football.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
People are putting all the blame on Roof because they don't want to admit we don't have a single difference maker on Defense. There isn't one guy on defense you can highlight as a must have player.

Holy bovine excrement!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell has hired 4 DCs?

Who is responsible for recruiting?

Who the hell is in charge?

This is hilarious!

The M-Train

Helluva Engineer
The defense is awful, but even if Bill Parcells walks through the door tomorrow, we still are sorely lacking in the talent department.

Offense also played an atrocious game. Couldn't finish drives and we had some truly bizarre play calls.

Out of our 6 red zone possessions:
1 TD
2 FGs
1 Blocked FG
1 Turnover on downs
1 Fumble

That is beyond pathetic. If the offense converts 4 or 5 of those opportunities into TDs, we have a shot. But we can't win with this defense, remember, we gave up 600 yards against Duke's freshman QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.