Official Kirk Herbstreit's Worthless Opinion Thread

Herbstreit's logic basically extrapolates that if Auburn played Bama close they should be in too. He should know better. Body of work should be the baseline and then the "eye" test between those in question. UG did not pass the body of work.

I have seen a couple of CFP projections that have...

1. Bama
2. CU
3. OU
4. OSU

It would be ideal if ND was left out as an independent. The $$$ they get being independent aside, perhaps this would make them re-think joining the ACC for football as well as basketball.

I have seen a couple of CFP projections that have...

1. Bama
2. CU
3. OU
4. OSU

It would be ideal if ND was left out as an independent. The $$$ they get being independent aside, perhaps this would make them re-think joining the ACC for football as well as basketball.
I'd be fine with this. They played two teams that made and lost their conference championships and while ND did win, they only beat Pitt by 5 and Northwestern by 10. That doesn't pass they eye test to me when both those teams got beat much worse in the chamionships.

If Ohio State would have just beaten Purdue, it wouldn't have been a problem

I'd be fine with this. They played two teams that made and lost their conference championships and while ND did win, they only beat Pitt by 5 and Northwestern by 10. That doesn't pass they eye test to me when both those teams got beat much worse in the chamionships.
Wow, so you think uga should get in since they only lost by seven to bama?

ND had the #1 ranked schedule this year. People think that by playing a championship game which is included with directional state, lousy tech, and small private school that they get in over. Full 12 game schedule?

It's really crazy with the contortions they are going through, not only to get them in, but somehow rank them third.

This is the key issue for the playoff committee to deal with. To squeeze Georgia in you need to either give them an immediate rematch with Bama, which is jumping straight in to one the biggest issues of all this, or you need to have them move up in the rankings with a loss, which establishes an incredibly bad precedent.

You either have to do one of those two crap moves or you have to show you really are just arranging it to suit tastes and not judging at all by putting Clemson at 1 and UGA at 4.

I suppose we will see, but don't you think Notre Dame would lose to Alabama, Clempsen, Oklahoma, Ohio State, or even Georgia?

I suppose we will see, but don't you think Notre Dame would lose to Alabama, Clempsen, Oklahoma, Ohio State, or even Georgia?
I think a lot of folks thought Notre Dame would lose one or two of the games they played this year. They didn't.

You either have to do one of those two crap moves or you have to show you really are just arranging it to suit tastes and not judging at all by putting Clemson at 1 and UGA at 4.

I don't think it's a stretch for them to put Clemson at #1 and say Bama slipped a little for their narrative. Once in the top four, the committee will place them in the most compelling matchups. Merit-based seeding is nonexistent once you're in

Its just dumb that uga is in the conversation. Bama played like garbage, lost their QB and still beat them. Still, it will be LSU that ultimately keeps them out.

It's really crazy with the contortions they are going through, not only to get them in, but somehow rank them third.

They have to be third, because there would be no legitimate way to put Oklahoma above them but not OSU, or vice versa, because those two teams were widely considered to have basically the same resume and team quality.

Yes I do, and that's why I said I would be okay with them being left out. What do you think I said?

Notre Dame doesn't play FCS, so it's 12 game schedule is all FBS. Now, I don't hold it against teams for playing FCS foes - a lot of times those games are huge for that smaller schools' bottom line - but I think ND should get credit for playing 12 FBS teams already.
Georgia's OOC was Austin Peay (which used to be non scholarship, may still be), UMass (which has considered going back to FCS) and MTSU, aside from us.
Notre Dame always plays Stanford and Southern Cal and played nine bowl teams this year.

Just for öööös and giggles...
Florida's OOC - Charleston Southern, Colorado State, Idaho, Florida State
Kentucky's OOC - Murray State, Central Michigan, MTSU, Louisville
LSU's OOC - Miami, SE Louisiana, La. Tech, Rice.

Back