OFFICIAL LOI's received

Today's recruiting news has taught me one thing:

Everything I ever knew about phonetics is wrong.

we didn't add a major

http://www.hts.gatech.edu/sports

Georgia Tech has recently launched a new program in Sports, Society, and Technology (SST). This initiative helps faculty and students to study sport in the contexts of historical and contemporary culture. The interdisciplinary focus of SST brings together sports studies, science and technology, and urban studies, incorporating faculty from across campus, in areas ranging from architecture, public policy, and applied physiology to economics, history, and sociology. Interdisciplinary studies and innovative teaching in SST will help students become leaders in the sport and health industries, higher education, and in our local and global communities.

I actually did not know about this...just googled to verify Beej's claim. This could be/already is huge for us from a recruiting perspective.

I love how Beej took a great recruiting class and used it to tell everyone "see i was right" without any supporting data and y'all ran with it.

We had a great recruiting class because of the work the coaches and staff put into it as well having a stellar season with an offensive scheme on its 7th year. Academically we still have the same disadvantages.

I love how Beej took a great recruiting class and used it to tell everyone "see i was right" without any supporting data and y'all ran with it.

We had a great recruiting class because of the work the coaches and staff put into it as well having a stellar season with an offensive scheme on its 7th year. Academically we still have the same disadvantages.

Wasn't running with anything and didn't discredit the work put in by the coaches.

(The Universe) is my supporting data.

Major/minor is just quibbling over minutiae, and cyp knew it.

Our disadvantages are more easily managed with the minor.

alright Beej, whatever you say.

I would make the argument that we won't know what impact the new minor has until we know how many of these kids enroll in it but whatever.

Your original statement suggests that the minor being added is the reason why we were able to come up with this class. I disagree with you. It may or may not be a factor but definitely not the biggest factor.

First of all, learn to get your facts right, and stop blaming others when you are wrong. There is a big difference between a minor and a major.

Most importantly, most of the recruiting reporters out there point to increased recruiting staff, hiring of good recruiters (Roof, Pelton, Owens, Cook are all doing a great job out there), and great finish on the field as the reason for the success with this class (several recruits talked about this today in their interviews).

Minor will hopefully play a part in the future, but it's too early to expect an influence just yet.

I would make the argument that we won't know what impact the new minor has until we know how many of these kids enroll in it but whatever.

Reasonable.

Your original statement suggests that the minor being added is the reason why we were able to come up with this class. I disagree with you.

It is a factor. I think Ted Roof is also a big factor. I think beating UGA and winning the Orange Bowl is also a big factor. I think the fact that our facilities smoke UGAs right now is also a factor. There are factors.

Is there a event like they have done in the past? I went to one @ the W hotel a couple years ago.

All this minor may do is give recruits 5 "easy" electives to take. Nobody gets hired on the strength of their minor.

Back