OFFICIAL LOI's received

How can you be player of the year in any state (we have several) and be a 3 star?

AJ was one of four Parade All Americans from the state of Georgia, he was named Player of the Year across all divisions by the AJC (over the other three Parade All Americans). All three of them are 5 stars. He's a 3 star.

It's the GT factor.

Can we strip the GT factor out manually and get an honest appraisal of this class? As a Stingtalk exercise?

Yeah I'd bump a few of them up...

AJ ought to be a 4* easily
Cottrell is a 4* for this offense - just a perfect AB
Philpott probably deserves the 4th* - was close already
Ratliffe had a good chance of getting bumped before the injury

Those are the most obvious for me. And some bias would start to go into some others being bumped. But overall just a deep class with almost exclusively high character guys and a lot of great fits for what we're trying to do. This is the kind of class you can build some momentum with. Hope to keep the ball rolling with some '16 commits and another good season. The foundation is now there, just need to keep building.

Now we're talking.

South Carolina has one 5* and four 4*s, the rest 3*s. That looks a lot more like what our class actually is. Oregon has 1/6/15. They're ranked at 19.

By that metric, we should be around #21 with an honest star appraisal.

Now we're talking.

South Carolina has one 5* and four 4*s, the rest 3*s. That looks a lot more like what our class actually is. Oregon has 1/6/15. They're ranked at 19.

By that metric, we should be around #21 with an honest star appraisal.

the better way to do this is to drop the stars ranking and go with the numeric 'grade' and then figure it out. bc a difference in stars could be .1 in the grade. that is more 'seeable' in the grades than in the somewhat arbitrary stars designation

Didn't Carvel try to give Stewart like 8 stars and a handjob in a QT parking lot?

Whatever the ranking,it certainly looks like the most talented in depth class for us in a long time.
The good players on def are the biggest change.I could see at least 4 of them starting as r-Fr.

the better way to do this is to drop the stars ranking and go with the numeric 'grade' and then figure it out. bc a difference in stars could be .1 in the grade. that is more 'seeable' in the grades than in the somewhat arbitrary stars designation

Yes, this

Several of our guys are capped .1 below a 4 star and several of UGA's players are bumped .1 above a 4 star.

Just curious, where are all the nay-sayers that said CPJ could not recruit at this level ? You know who you are !!!

what is our 'ranking' by the various services? Don't put much into that stuff but curious as this looks like our best class in several years (on paper)

The Gatorade Whisperer

16443451075_5e2a6ed01f.jpg

I wonder what this class would've been like in the alternate reality where Butker misses that kick

I wonder what this class would've been like in the alternate reality where Butker misses that kick

That alternate reality doesn't exist. There are 671,239,812 alternate realities out there, and GT is the winner in each one.

What a joke. One of their 18 is a kicker, 0 RB commits, 1 QB commit.

Admittedly they have some good DL recruits

Back