*OFFICIAL* National Signing Day Thread

Picking UCF over Tech is just sad.

So, we hosted 4 of our big targets this weekend and so far are 0/3, with the 5-star Robertson as the only hold-out. Good sign.

I think the rumor is that he is waiting on SAT scores. He's got Notre Dame, Stanford, and GT as his top choices....wants to go academic but needed to get his scores up. UGA is his fallback if he can't qualify.

Lets hope he found a good tutor....

I think the rumor is that he is waiting on SAT scores. He's got Notre Dame, Stanford, and GT as his top choices....wants to go academic but needed to get his scores up. UGA is his fallback if he can't qualify.

Lets hope he found a good tutor....

How do you fall from Notre Dame, Stanford or Georgia Tech all the way to UGAg? Surely he can do better than that if he can't get into his top 3. UGAg is a horrible school.

How do you fall from Notre Dame, Stanford or Georgia Tech all the way to UGAg? Surely he can do better than that if he can't get into his top 3. UGAg is a horrible school.

I think he wants to go to UGA most of all, but his mama wants him to actually get a higher education.

Did Stingtalk sign any 5 star posters, or are we stuck with the same whiny, negative nancies from last year?

Stingtalk Signing Period = July 1 - Aug 31.

Looking at a couple of banned Hive transfers also.

I think he wants to go to UGA most of all, but his mama wants him to actually get a higher education.

I'm not holding my breath. It seems like for every other school on the planet if a family member attends/attended there or if they have a parent that wants them to attend, they are a shoo-in. But at GT, it seems like it's the complete opposite.

I'm not holding my breath. It seems like for every other school on the planet if a family member attends/attended there or if they have a parent that wants them to attend, they are a shoo-in. But at GT, it seems like it's the complete opposite.

Yea, the hopes for a good SAT score are just so he doesn't end up at UGA. I have little hope of us getting him.

Honest question: Has there ever been a 1 star recruit? What is the baseline to go from 1 to 2 stars? Seems like someone has to be rated 1 star as a baseline or else the 3 star actually = 1 star?

That being said, I think I am definitely a 2 star Stingtalk member. Glad you guys saw the potential in me and I just hope to represent the site well and get my degree in a couple of years.

Honest question: Has there ever been a 1 star recruit? What is the baseline to go from 1 to 2 stars? Seems like someone has to be rated 1 star as a baseline or else the 3 star actually = 1 star?

That being said, I think I am definitely a 2 star Stingtalk member. Glad you guys saw the potential in me and I just hope to represent the site well and get my degree in a couple of years.

No, I don't think 1-star recruits exist. They're either unrated or 2-stars at minimum.

as if you have any clue what is best for the kid. that is what is sad, you bashing a kid for making his personal choices

Bashing, not the kid, but the awipe GTPD, hillshits/Peterson trying to kill GT athletics, and losers thinking GT is not capable of achieving goals that could be set.

I think our best bet is that he decides to stay close to home so his family can watch him play AND get a great education. Unfortunately we probably have the toughest entry score requirements out of any of the schools on his list. Thinking optimistically, maybe he's already qualified for the other schools and he's just waiting to see if he qualifies for GT.

I think our best bet is that he decides to stay close to home so his family can watch him play AND get a great education. Unfortunately we probably have the toughest entry score requirements out of any of the schools on his list. Thinking optimistically, maybe he's already qualified for the other schools and he's just waiting to see if he qualifies for GT.

He is already a take for us, as I understand it. He is not yet a take for Stanford.

Back