Official **NCG** Huskies v Wolverines thread

That sidearm delivery he has seems like it would be a red flag for NFL people. (I know next to nothing about QB mechanics, but it looks odd and seems like it would result in a lot of tipped balls.)

JRjr
Good NFL QBs do that all the time. It is to change the plane of the pass so that you avoid defenders in one way or another. He didn’t do it all the time, just when it was called for. He had a bad night; he didn’t handle the pressure well, most QBs don’t.

That sidearm delivery he has seems like it would be a red flag for NFL people. (I know next to nothing about QB mechanics, but it looks odd and seems like it would result in a lot of tipped balls.)

JRjr

His motion reminders me of Ken Stabler, and not just because he's left-handed.

JRjr
Reminds me of Bernie Kosar

Actually no. More of them would have stuck around if they hadn't gotten screwed. I am glad all that machination was done to get a great championship game.
And you really think Tate Roddemaker or Brock Glenn would have been able to keep FSU in the game with Michigan? Even with no opt outs, look at what FSU did vs 2 teams with not even close to the same level of defense as Michigan.

@ UF 24-15 - W
Louisville 16-6 - W

Michigan just held the #13 O in the country to their lowest point total of the year (13). Did the CFP committee screw FSU because of an injury? Yes. But Michigan’s path to a CFP MNC would have been easier had the CFP committee done the right thing by putting FSU at #4.

And you really think Tate Roddemaker or Brock Glenn would have been able to keep FSU in the game with Michigan? Even with no opt outs, look at what FSU did vs 2 teams with not even close to the same level of defense as Michigan.

@ UF 24-15 - W
Louisville - 16-6 W

Michigan just held the #13 O in the country to their lowest point total of the year (13).
Impressive. And you were right about how the matchup between the Huskie passing game and Michigan's defense turned out. I'm not second guessing my pre-game take - it was just wrong.

@ UF 24-15 - W
Louisville 16-6 - W

Michigan just held the #13 O in the country to their lowest point total of the year (13). Did the CFP committee screw FSU because of an injury? Yes. But Michigan’s path to a CFP MNC would have been easier had the CFP committee done the right thing by putting FSU at #4.
penix looked hurt and rattled.. nobody knows how roddemaker would have worked out.. maybe just hand the ball off everytime and pound them

Impressive. And you were right about how the matchup between the Huskie passing game and Michigan's defense turned out. I'm not second guessing my pre-game take - it was just wrong.
And like you, I could have been completely wrong about the Michigan pulling away in the 4th to win by 14-17. The game after the 1st quarter was very closely played, and UW was a missed completion here and there being completed from making it 20-20 early in the 4th quarter. The questionable holding call on the explosive pass play sort of derailed UW.

Good way for the broken 4 team CFP to end. 3 competitive games.

penix looked hurt and rattled.. nobody knows how roddemaker would have worked out.. maybe just hand the ball off everytime and pound them
So try and play Michigan style of football against Michigan? That may or may not have worked. We can only simulate that on EA Sports NCAA football 2024 this summer.

JRjr

Where is the ST resident QB mechanics guru?

Why do you think Bama’s D is better than FSU’s?
Didn’t say a lot better but they are better. What measure would you like to use?

After the snub, FSU fans acted like they had an all time great defense. That they would have dominated and won the playoff with just their defense. They are top ten for this year but UGA, UM, Ohio State and PSU are clearly better and Bama is slightly better.

Another game that proves if you can run the ball effectively and play good defense, it is
almost a given you will win more games than you lose. Our high school coach adhered to this
same philosophy too, rarely throwing a pass. His offense started with the Wing-T, and eventually ran the
Wishbone and his defenses were always good. This was back in the day when
players went both ways. Our coach finished with a record of; 346-109-4, 15 region titles and
one state championship in his 39 years at our high school. I believe CPJ was a proponent of
running the football, but sadly he never had the defenses to match his philosophy. Washington's
offense of throwing the football 50+ times failed miserably last night, thanks in a large part
to Michigan's great defense.

Didn’t say a lot better but they are better. What measure would you like to use?

After the snub, FSU fans acted like they had an all time great defense. That they would have dominated and won the playoff with just their defense. They are top ten for this year but UGA, UM, Ohio State and PSU are clearly better and Bama is slightly better.
It’s hard because of the UGA game skewing stats right now, but the FSU defense has 8 projected draft picks vs 5 for Bama that I found on some mock draft sites. In addition FSU did much better against their common opponents t if LSU on a neutral field while Bama had them at home. I’m pretty sure FSU’s defensive efficiency stats were very good.

here’s an article heading into Their stellar performance against Louisville.

@ UF 24-15 - W
Louisville 16-6 - W

FSU beat BC by 2, IIRC. Not 2 TD's, 2 points.

Back