Official Notre Dame Postgame Thread

The team played to the end. Moderators quit with 2 minutes to go. :nono:
1000001885.gif
1000001885.gif

This was the worst game of the Key era without question. It was 7-7 and we completely abandoned the run game. It makes no sense. Buster’s stock has plummeted this season. Pyron was a damn warrior but he was not put in a good position today. The OL played like pansies. The defense stopped tackling. And WTF is that special teams?? This looks just like the ST play under Goof. ND played pretty dirty too, and the refs let them get away with it all. It didn’t change the outcome but anyways. That was awful.
Nah, I'd say Bowling Green was substantially worse. Not even sure I'd say this was even the worst game of the season.

Nah, I'd say Bowling Green was substantially worse. Not even sure I'd say this was even the worst game of the season.
Fair. I honestly forgot about BG. But still. This was bad. A game I thought we’d be competitive in and win. That’s on me. I thought the game plan or the audibled game plan was pathetic.

We cover if not for Shanahan. Pyron played tough, not surprising. Some tough play calls on offense, and true of all year we took some tough angles on defense. Was always gonna be a steep uphill climb today. A bit disappointing, but wasn't an embarrassment IMO. Go Jackets.

öööö the Benz
öööö our ST coach
And honestly, öööö Key for coaching like a gigantic pussy when we were still in it. Kicking a FG instead of going for it was straight retarded, even if it hadn't been blocked.

Every game ball of this year goes to Pyron. True champion. Gigantic balls. GT in his blood.

Fair. I honestly forgot about BG. But still. This was bad. A game I thought we’d be competitive in and win. That’s on me. I thought the game plan or the audibled game plan was pathetic.
Definitely think we abandoned run too much in the 2nd quarter, and didn't like our defensive approach for awhile there--seemed way too passive with the 2 high safety looks.

Nonetheless, part of why we were 14-point underdogs is because ND is actually more talented than we are. We made it too easy for them by shooting ourselves in the foot, but I'll virtually always be more upset over turning a likely win into a blowout loss than turning a likely loss into a more likely loss.

Back