OFFICIAL OC and DC hire thread

ClosedBeneficialDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Andrew Thacker looks like Brent Venables on an off-season bulk. I approve of the hire.

Seriously, though. He's on the hot list for up and coming coaches and was at the Falcons, UCF, & Kennesaw State. Plus, he is a Georgia native. I think he will probably be a good fit.
I agree. Looks like a Thacker is a good hire.

Since the last OC thread became a disaster, let's try this one.

If you are the OC, what do you do given the talent and directive to have an NFL-style offense?

Since the last OC thread became a disaster, let's try this one.

If you are the OC, what do you do given the talent and directive to have an NFL-style offense?
RPO, spread concepts, short passing plays, zone OL blocking, backfield motion to get former ABs into space, increased S&C especially on OL, and hope to land a grad transfer QB (wimbush/hurts.)

oh, and some tempo.

Last edited:
Our offense is going to suck. Patenaude sounds thoroughly mediocre

People will blame the personnel

Maybe with exceptional recruiting we can recruit our way to a decent offense

I'd be happy

I'd be happy with Yates or Graham next year.

LJ fits the bill too. I really feel like he will get the start. Worthless predictions: Graham will sadly be looking for a JC to rehab grades and Yates is prob better off RS’ing. LJ looked good for what’s its worth running and throwing in the spring game last year. Who knows how he will come back from the injury though.

I mean there was the time Clemson hired a position coach out of nowhere and everybody laughed. Hopefully this will work out well for us. I remain cautiously optimistic. Who wants to go with me to Death Valley next year?

Cautiously optimistic and wanting to go to Death Valley next year aren't very compatible

Back