OFFICIAL OC and DC hire thread

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
I mean there was the time Clemson hired a position coach out of nowhere and everybody laughed. Hopefully this will work out well for us. I remain cautiously optimistic. Who wants to go with me to Death Valley next year?
I'm down.

gte490v

Dodd-Like
4 WR looks with J. Camp, M. Carter, S. Dolphus, N. Cottrell at WR; K. Benson at RB or J. Graham, T. Oliver, or O. Jarrett as a scatback/3rd down back.

QB: L. Johnson or J. Yates, whoever is more accurate and can make a throw across the field.

I-form set with T. Davis at TE, B. Jordan-Swilling at FB, K. Benson at HB.

Jumbo Package: B. Adams and T. Davis at TE, B. Jordan-Swilling at FB, K. Benson at HB, J. Camp and S. Dolphus at WR.

OL something like Z. Quinney + 15 lbs and B. Morgan/J. Lee (I guess) at tackle. P. Braun and C. Hanson at guard. K. Cooper at center.

Tackle seems to be the toughest call on the offensive side of the ball.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
4 WR looks with J. Camp, M. Carter, S. Dolphus, N. Cottrell at WR; K. Benson at RB or J. Graham, T. Oliver, or O. Jarrett as a scatback/3rd down back.

QB: L. Johnson or J. Yates, whoever is more accurate and can make a throw across the field.

I-form set with T. Davis at TE, B. Jordan-Swilling at FB, K. Benson at HB.

Jumbo Package: B. Adams and T. Davis at TE, B. Jordan-Swilling at FB, K. Benson at HB, J. Camp and S. Dolphus at WR.

OL something like Z. Quinney + 15 lbs and B. Morgan/J. Lee (I guess) at tackle. P. Braun and C. Hanson at guard. K. Cooper at center.

Tackle seems to be the toughest call on the offensive side of the ball.

Don't forget the OT transfer from Vandy

RaiderJacket

Varsity Lurker
Good hire on paper for both. Give 'em a chance.

DC
With Thacker as coordinator, Temple’s defense scored eight defensive touchdowns (No. 1 nationally), forced 31 turnovers (No. 3 nationally), recovered 13 fumbles (No. 3 nationally) and intercepted 18 passes (No. 4 nationally). In addition to ranking among the nation’s top three teams in defensive touchdowns, turnovers, fumble recoveries and interceptions, the Owls were among the AAC’s top three teams in total defense (second), passing defense (second), three-and-outs (second) and scoring defense (third).

OC

Under his direction, Temple put together two of the three highest single-season passing totals in school history (3,273 yards in 2017, 3,297 yards in 2018) and ranks 24th nationally in scoring offense this season. Individually, TU running back Ryquell Armstrong ranks second in the American Athletic Conference and 14th nationally in rushing (109.8 ypg) and wide receiver Randle Jones ranks third in the AAC and 13th nationally in yards per reception (19.35 avg.) this season.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Lucas Johnson looks like the best QB for the new system assuming he is healthy. Will he get a medical redshirt for last season leaving him as a soph for next year?