Official Other Games Thread

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
At noon, I’d love to see Liberty beat VPI (ACCN) and I’m curious to see what Duke looks like against UNC (ESPN2).

At 2, we’ll see if BC is as good and if Syracuse is as bad as we think. (FSN)

At 4, we get a preview of Pitt as they take on an FSU team that’s better than they were when we beat them. (ACCN)

Louisville and UVA are postponed - who’s got the COVID this week?

JRjr

I tuned into Duke-UNC in time to see UNC start the opening drive on the 50 with 15:00 on the clock. Kick out of bounds and a personal foul?

JRjr

Nice opening TD drive by Liberty. Interesting that they’re slowing their tempo to try to offset the depth disparity with VPI.

JRjr

Touchdown, Liberty. Liberty 7 - Virginia Cow College 0.

I hope the folks at Liberty enjoy their final year of Hugh Freeze, because I think some desperate G5 program will snap him up after this season, slime and all.

Touchdown, Liberty. Liberty 7 - Virginia Cow College 0.

I hope the folks at Liberty enjoy their final year of Hugh Freeze, because I think some desperate G5 program will snap him up after this season, slime and all.

Liberty has $

Three and out for VPI. How does Liberty have a huge DL? Baptist potlucks?

Also, there’s no first down line in that game. Can’t remember the last time I watched a game without that.

(Carolina scores again. Glad we get Duke and not Carolina this year.)

JRjr

Liberty has $
Maybe. But they're only paying him less than $2 million this year. Even financially bankrupt Tech (at least that is what so many folks here cry all the time) is paying $3.1 million to CGC.

Three and out for VPI. How does Liberty have a huge DL? Baptist potlucks?

Also, there’s no first down line in that game. Can’t remember the last time I watched a game without that.

(Carolina scores again. Glad we get Duke and not Carolina this year.)

JRjr
LOL! Hey, don't sleep on those potlucks. Best meals I had during my four years of poverty at Tech. I loaded up that plate!

Darryl Tapp on staff at VPI after 11 years in the NFL? I feel old, I still remember the VPI hillbillies yelling “Tapp that ass” when he made a tackle against us...

JRjr

LOL! Hey, don't sleep on those potlucks. Best meals I had during my four years of poverty at Tech. I loaded up that plate!

I’ve had a lot of BSU lunches and a lot of Baptist church potlucks. I know whereof I speak. :-)

JRjr

It was last night, but BYU absolutely housed a decent BSU team. I have a kid at Utah so we keep an eye on Utah and BYU. BYU has a potential 1st round QB and are well coached. They are no joke. They will finish undefeated, but a weak conference and a weak COVID schedule will crush them. Too bad - the eye test says to me that they are probably top 5-10 this year.

I’ve had a lot of BSU lunches and a lot of Baptist church potlucks. I know whereof I speak. :-)

JRjr
BTW, not sure what channel you're watching, but I'm watching the ACC Network and I see the artificial first down yellow line in the Liberty/VT game.

What happened that made Duke go from an ACC contender back to Duke? Did they just have a few years of atypically good QBs?

Carolina had a chance at a pick 6, but the wall of blockers neglected to even try to block the one guy (OL, no less) with an angle on the runner.

JRjr

BTW, not sure what channel you're watching, but I'm watching the ACC Network and I see the artificial first down yellow line in the Liberty/VT game.

I’m watching it streaming through the ESPN app. No lines. Weird.

The multicast mode in the app on Apple TV is pretty slick once I figured out the controls. Pretty good for watching two games at once.

(28-0 UNC pending XP.)

JRjr

Apparently we're now able to get an Ultimate Irish Prep Bowl to go with our Ultimate Irish Peeler. Cause Grandma still has "artritis." LOL.

Back