Official Other Games Thread

So we know that ND is better than 2/3 of a Clemson starting lineup. The likely rematch in the ACCCG should be interesting, assuming Clemson gets Lawrence and the defense back by then.

Funny if ND comes down with COVID and has to forfeit some games.

JRjr

social distancing

Attachments

• 2C684716-6D50-45AC-9D32-FA64F0721B54.jpeg
    2C684716-6D50-45AC-9D32-FA64F0721B54.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 24
Clemson blew their best shot when they went conservative with like 2 minutes in regulation. Get a first down or two and the game’s over. Instead, they kept trying to run it.

JRjr

Playoff committee won't hold this game against Clemson. Clemson wins it going away with goldilocks. ACCCG revenge game will be fun.
I’m not so sure Lawrence would have made a huge difference in this game. DJ passed for 439 yards and had zero turnovers. The Clemson defense giving up 47 points was the bigger culprit in this one.

TBH, watching this has proved again to me how important having good LBs is. That’s two weeks in a row that Clemson missed an uncharacteristic number of tackles and let white QBs scramble up the middle for crucial 1st downs. I’m not used to seeing Clemson’s defense make GT type mistakes, but they did the last couple weeks.

Making a farce of the whole notion of COVID safety. Notre Dame should be fined a ton of money, or the ACC should admit the whole thing is a joke and let the stands be full.
Best response would be no more fans at their home games if they aren't going to take Covid seriously.

Something is off with the Clemson defense. Lawrence probably picks up on a couple reads the freshman missed and wins this game but the defense is out of sorts. Some of it is talent but some of it was a mismatch in playcalling.

The defense wouldn't be getting much heat if NDs defense hadn't scored. It doesn't even go to overtime without that.

Back