Official random bowls thread

Clearly UGA is a really good team. But Tech played them better than FSU, and I’m so damn happy that their season will be COMPLETELY over in just a couple of hours.

Dude, FSU had 23 players opt out, 9 of those headed to the NFL. Take out 9 of our starters and see how well we play against UGA or anyone else.

Dude, FSU had 23 players opt out, 9 of those headed to the NFL. Take out 9 of our starters and see how well we play against UGA or anyone else.
The wild thing is that it’s not just 9 starters. It’s their 9 best, most experienced starters.

Have to wonder what the locker room is like if Norvell can’t convince them to play in this game. uga does not have similar issues.

Feel bad for FSU. Half the team opted out and the other half doesn't give a öööö. No reason to play this game. FSU should have declined the game.

I am glad FSU is stinking this up. Whomever heads up the Orange Bowl should be giving the CFP Committee heck. I hate this for the FSU players and fans; but these traditional major bowls need to have their prestige sullied into loss of sponsorships. Capitol One has to be second guessing whether they sponsor a bowl next year period, certainly not for whatever they paid to sponsor this year.

but these traditional major bowls need to have their prestige sullied into loss of sponsorships. Capitol One has to be second guessing whether they sponsor a bowl next year period, certainly not for whatever they paid to sponsor this year.
Man, I cannot wait for next College Football on ESPN season.

The wild thing is that it’s not just 9 starters. It’s their 9 best, most experienced starters.

Have to wonder what the locker room is like if Norvell can’t convince them to play in this game. uga does not have similar issues.

I doubt Norvell even tried very hard to do so. Opt outs are pretty common for teams with a lot of NFL talent who don't make the playoffs, and FSU is also dealing with the double whammy of being screwed by the committee.

I am sure the locker room was pretty bad after the snub, but it probably would have been even worse had he pushed hard for everyone to play.

It really would have been best for everyone involved, including ESPN and the Orange Bowl, for FSU to have opted out and given another team a shot at U[sic]GA.

I doubt Norvell even tried very hard to do so. Opt outs are pretty common for teams with a lot of NFL talent who don't make the playoffs, and FSU is also dealing with the double whammy of being screwed by the committee.

I am sure the locker room was pretty bad after the snub, but it probably would have been even worse had he pushed hard for everyone to play.

It really would have been best for everyone involved, including ESPN and the Orange Bowl, for FSU to have opted out and given another team a shot at U[sic]GA.
We could have switched with them. Would have liked to see Key get a second shot.

Agree that opting out would've been the better move. But FSU is dumb

I only wish I'd put more money on the moneyline... I thought the game was tomorrow

Back