Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 7 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Yes

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 74.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I forgot to post it earlier. Rate Mayhem Motors after Virginia performance.

Lack of consistency keeps me at No.

Thought the play-calling was much better vs. VA. More runs, tosses to the backs, etc. Feel better the offense is moving in right direction but I'm not convinced that the game is slowing down for Sims - too many missed reads on both run and pass plays.

I posted before Clemson that they would expose Tech's D as the team's weakness. Well, we now know Clemson's offensive woes and UNC's OL weakness. Since those games we haven't seen much out of the D. I posted last week on that so won't regurgitate.

I could get to Yes on the offense with a couple of more solid outings. Defense may keep my vote at No for the rest of the season.

OL improving. RBs have always been an “A”. QB improving.
The defense against UVA showed a complete lack of understanding by the players and/or coaches. Multiple players out of position almost every single play. On top of that poor fundamentals— tackling, getting off blocks, covering receivers. There is just nothing positive you can take away on the defensive side of the ball most of this year except good recruiting.

Lack of consistency keeps me at No.

Thought the play-calling was much better vs. VA. More runs, tosses to the backs, etc. Feel better the offense is moving in right direction but I'm not convinced that the game is slowing down for Sims - too many missed reads on both run and pass plays.

I posted before Clemson that they would expose Tech's D as the team's weakness. Well, we now know Clemson's offensive woes and UNC's OL weakness. Since those games we haven't seen much out of the D. I posted last week on that so won't regurgitate.

I could get to Yes on the offense with a couple of more solid outings. Defense may keep my vote at No for the rest of the season.

Out of 75 to 80 offensive Snaps in a Gm all QBs even Tom Brady at the NFL Level makes bad reads and misses plays when the Game is being played as fast as it is now.

Once you get past HS and get to the P5 Level, even upper G5, playing QB successfully is the single hardest thing to do in all of sports, a close 2nd & 3rd is hitting major league pitching, and playing PGA Tour Level Golf

I wish our Fans would wake the eff up and realize that we are playing REAL CFB NOW, , no more HS triple option crap, so when our QB has 6 "bad reads" (out of 80 snaps) that result in ONE OFFICIAL TURNOVER, we shouldn't run to the message boards with the typical, OMG he's still making "bad reads"

For the Game we were 570 yds total offense, and 7 of 14 on 3rd & 4th downs combined, and you come here on Monday with the "but he's still making bad reads"

I tell you what, if the other 21 GT starters had the same ratio of 6 bad plays out of 80 , we beat UVA maybe 66 to 17.

If we had the 21 other starters that played their respective positions as the same level of efficiency that Sims does (even with his mistakes), we'd be 7- 0 and in the CFP discussion.

For the 100th time , QB is the least our worries.

For the 200th time , Playcalls from the OC are the least of our worries.

Start watching the Game with no volume, and no Radio, and just WATCH THE GAME, both Radio & TV guys are taught to never have "dead air" during a Broadcast, so half of the crap they say isn't worth the breath used to speak it, maybe the top announcing Teams are worth listening to, but the lower level Guys like on our TV Games don't provide anything meaningful.

I disapprove but really I am at peace with Collins coaching us for a long time. I think he will develop a floor of about 4 wins and a ceiling of 8.5. I can live with that. Maybe we strike gold and push to win an ACC Championship. I do not think he will ever beat UGA.

This is a sad thread.
Well you stopped posting your prediction threads and now this is how we have fun between games. This and scores of stingtalkers offering themselves for sacrifice bans to appease some pagan football gods and to end their suffering briefly.

i was in the no category this week. cant give up 500 plus yards and 6 TDs to some ginger QB.

the rally at the end did lift my spirits though.

Funny how we have such a vocal group of collin’s apologists who like to tell everyone else how dumb we are and how we should be better fans, yet the numbers say most on this board are not happy with the current state of how we are coached. They must be geniuses and the rest of us morons; three wins with this coach is so much better than three wins under any other coach in the history of football. Definition of elite fandom I guess.

I disapprove but really I am at peace with Collins coaching us for a long time. I think he will develop a floor of about 4 wins and a ceiling of 8.5. I can live with that. Maybe we strike gold and push to win an ACC Championship. I do not think he will ever beat UGA.
Being satisfied with a coach that you don't think will ever beat UGA tells us how far the program has fallen.

Well you stopped posting your prediction threads and now this is how we have fun between games. This and scores of stingtalkers offering themselves for sacrifice bans to appease some pagan football gods and to end their suffering briefly.

Don't get me wrong, I love this thread in general. This specific thread got sad fast though.

I'm still a disapprove. I want to see a good defense, but it's been 13 years so I give up. It's not even schematic, it's just a burn it down and start over situation.

Funny how we have such a vocal group of collin’s apologists who like to tell everyone else how dumb we are and how we should be better fans, yet the numbers say most on this board are not happy with the current state of how we are coached. They must be geniuses and the rest of us morons; three wins with this coach is so much better than three wins under any other coach in the history of football. Definition of elite fandom I guess.
Why so thin-skinned? Pretty sure what makes ST interesting is everyone having their own opinions.There are CGC apologists and there are plenty of folks posting negative things about him as well. I think most everyone wants the Institute to thrive, we just disagree on how to get there. That being said, if I tell you not to be so negative and you tell me to take off my rose-colored glasses...that's just typical message board back and forth.

Offense looks like it may be starting to come together. However, defense was just so bad...

If I was already at approve, that game wouldn't have caused me to switch to disapprove. But I wasn't, and that game definitely wasn't enough to get me to change my overall opinion.

Still a no and it’s unlikely to be a yes. The remaining routes to get there are beat uga (lol) and/or win 6. Odds seem slim.

Back