Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 7 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Yes

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 74.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Being satisfied with a coach that you don't think will ever beat UGA tells us how far the program has fallen.
I wouldn’t say I’m satisfied with it. But I’m willing to accept it for the sake of solvency.

cicada

Varsity Lurker
He's just not consistent. If he can win six games this year, I'll change my vote.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
If we get to 5 wins, I will move to a very tepid approve. Based on CGC history, we are going to have bad games against poor OOC opponents. I don’t know if it is the lack of excitement or trying to be too vanilla.

Getting to 4-4 in a bad coastal is where we should be. It may be slightly better than expected job due to the super senior effect.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I’m still at disapprove. We put up points and were in it until the end, so it was a “good loss,” but the defense gave up an all-time offensive performance to a team that plays teams like William & Mary every year, so something is still broken. It just moves around from week to week.

JRjr

cbee

Flats Noob
I wouldn’t say I’m satisfied with it. But I’m willing to accept it for the sake of solvency.
Understood. Think you and I are different. If I am not satisfied with something then I want it to change.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Offense is better. Special teams is better. Defense is confounding. Talent level is better. Solid incoming recruiting class. He's not going anywhere anyway. Approve. I still think we have a good chance to beat VT/UM/BC and go to a bowl.
If we beat VT/UM/BC his approval rating will go through the roof! Especially when you consider how bad we are and there are no expected wins left. We were down by 21 with 3:50 left against UVA and needed a miracle to beat Duke. If he Coaches the boys up and goes 3-0 in the next 3 weeks most fans will be over the moon!

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Watching a game is still like seeing a bad car wreck that you just cant help but look away from. When that changes and I see some competency.. I’ll change my vote to yes

QuadF

Dodd-Like
OL improving. RBs have always been an “A”. QB improving.
The defense against UVA showed a complete lack of understanding by the players and/or coaches. Multiple players out of position almost every single play. On top of that poor fundamentals— tackling, getting off blocks, covering receivers. There is just nothing positive you can take away on the defensive side of the ball most of this year except good recruiting.
Is QB improving? Despite 1 being overturned by a penalty, is 2 picks an improvement for sims?

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I see the progress. We’re competitive late in most of these games. That wasn’t the case in years 1 & 2.

Certainly the offense has really improved. I’m very pleased with progress in the kicking game and penalties. I saw those as low hanging fruit… so good that the coach addressed them.

The defense is very frustrating. Couldn’t get a stop against freaking NIU at home in a critical moment to win the game. Pitt and UVA had their way with us. Duke ran it down our throats, which should not happen. Pass rush and pass coverage remain major issues week-in and week-out. We don’t win one-on-ones at the LOS or in the secondary. I thought the defense would take big jumps forward not practicing against the 3-0. Not seeing it.

The next 3 game stretch is very important.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Watching the ACC Channel 1990 documentary, and then reading the low-expectation-having garbage posted here makes me sick.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I see the progress. We’re competitive late in most of these games. That wasn’t the case in years 1 & 2.

Certainly the offense has really improved. I’m very pleased with progress in the kicking game and penalties. I saw those as low hanging fruit… so good that the coach addressed them.

The defense is very frustrating. Couldn’t get a stop against freaking NIU at home in a critical moment to win the game. Pitt and UVA had their way with us. Duke ran it down our throats, which should not happen. Pass rush and pass coverage remain major issues week-in and week-out. We don’t win one-on-ones at the LOS or in the secondary. I thought the defense would take big jumps forward not practicing against the 3-0. Not seeing it.

The next 3 game stretch is very important.
Because that was never really the problem.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
Offense looks like it may be starting to come together. However, defense was just so bad...

If I was already at approve, that game wouldn't have caused me to switch to disapprove. But I wasn't, and that game definitely wasn't enough to get me to change my overall opinion.
Defense about to look better. Virginia and Pitt are 16 and 4 in points scored. VT is 100th.

Mind you, I’m not saying that they actually are better. They will just look better relative to the competition.

helluvaparamedic

Damn Good Rat
Is QB improving? Despite 1 being overturned by a penalty, is 2 picks an improvement for sims?
Right now he has 0.1 interceptions per game less than he had for the 2020 season. What are the oddsmakers in Vegas laying that he will either match or surpass the int./game of last year by the end of the season?

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
Don’t look now but Duke Pitt and UVA were all top 10 offenses. Say what you will about talent and matchups etc but those teams can all move the ball. Hopefully things slow down for us next few weeks

Disapprove. Curling up into the fetal position from NIU's two TE overload may very well be what cost this team a bowl game this year.

I'm ready to heave-ho with Thacker, Burton, and Dixon. If Key weren't an alumni and All-American he'd be in the former list too. There's zero highlights against competition with a pulse in three years. There's plenty of lowlights, even against competition without a pulse, in three years.

Caralla does good work. Choice does exceptional work. Patterdude is better than he gets credit for so far. Coleman has done good work. Knight does pretty good in recruiting and I think could show more from the DL if they bothered to rush more than 3 at a time.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Disapprove. Curling up into the fetal position from NIU's two TE overload may very well be what cost this team a bowl game this year.

I'm ready to heave-ho with Thacker, Burton, and Dixon. If Key weren't an alumni and All-American he'd be in the former list too. There's zero highlights against competition with a pulse in three years. There's plenty of lowlights, even against competition without a pulse, in three years.

Caralla does good work. Choice does exceptional work. Patterdude is better than he gets credit for so far. Coleman has done good work. Knight does pretty good in recruiting and I think could show more from the DL if they bothered to rush more than 3 at a time.
What's wrong with Dixon? WR's seem to be ok.
Don't forget Popovich