Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 7 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Yes

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 88 74.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's wrong with Dixon? WR's seem to be ok.
Don't forget Popovich

I've seen a metric crapton of "clank" out of the WR corp this year. It was an epidemic against NIU and it showed up at very costly times against against UVA. I'm pretty sure GT can afford and owns several Jugs machines. They just need more use.

What if we beat uga to win 6.
D41D5C55-8297-4A8F-8ED0-104C7C50E01A.gif

Beating Clarke County Correctional is always, ALWAYS, a get out of jail free card for a GT FB HC. You can be 1-10 if the 1 is UGAg. It would take a "Miracle on Techwood Drive" kind of fluky game for that to come out positive this year though.

Is QB improving? Despite 1 being overturned by a penalty, is 2 picks an improvement for sims?
"Despite being overturned" is the most ridiculous narrative there is. It was overturned; therefore, it didn't happen.

Right now he has 0.1 interceptions per game less than he had for the 2020 season. What are the oddsmakers in Vegas laying that he will either match or surpass the int./game of last year by the end of the season?

so if not for that penalty, he would be worse than last year?

"Despite being overturned" is the most ridiculous narrative there is. It was overturned; therefore, it didn't happen.

This is a retarded take. We're grading his decision making, so his decision doesn't magically go away just because the consequences did.

I've seen a metric crapton of "clank" out of the WR corp this year. It was an epidemic against NIU and it showed up at very costly times against against UVA. I'm pretty sure GT can afford and owns several Jugs machines. They just need more use.
What is "clank"? Hard hands? I haven't felt like they've had trouble making the catching balls that get to their hands. Route running has been pretty good, especially by the slots. We could probably benefit from better a 50-50 catch percentage. And most of the outside receivers are holdover guys (not a bad thing, just saying we haven't played a whole bunch of WRs that the new staff recruited from HS.)

What is "clank"? Hard hands? I haven't felt like they've had trouble making the catching balls that get to their hands. Route running has been pretty good, especially by the slots. We could probably benefit from better a 50-50 catch percentage. And most of the outside receivers are holdover guys (not a bad thing, just saying we haven't played a whole bunch of WRs that the new staff recruited from HS.)

Only bad hands I remember in UVa were McGown on the crossing route. He had both palms to the sky. The ball, predictably, went off his hands before he could scoop it to his body. Palms should have faced the ball. It looked like he knew it too.

When a ball hits the receiver in the hands in the strike zone and they drop it. Clank. It's gotten better over the course of the season, but it has reliably shown up in every game and was particularly bad against NIU.

FUN FACT: I looked it up, and Tech has not lost a fumble in the last five games. Regardless of whether you like the coaching staff or not, I believe that you have to give them credit for that . . . that doesn't happen by accident.

Watching the ACC Channel 1990 documentary, and then reading the low-expectation-having garbage posted here makes me sick.
Here’s the SOP for our fan base for when we do well:
1. Call the worst scenario to hedge butthurt in case something goes wrong
2. Watch bad things happen
3. Declare how wise you are for calling it

Here’s the SOP when we do ööööty:
1. Declare your expertise by stating that we’re not as good so this was not a surprise to you
2. Set extremely low targets so the chance of disappointment is very low
3. Declare progress and achievement for hitting low targets
4. Talk about how wise you are for setting low targets that were achieved

Here’s the SOP for our fan base for when we do well:
1. Call the worst scenario to hedge butthurt in case something goes wrong
2. Watch bad things happen
3. Declare how wise you are for calling it

Here’s the SOP when we do ööööty:
1. Declare your expertise by stating that we’re not as good so this was not a surprise to you
2. Set extremely low targets so the chance of disappointment is very low
3. Declare progress and achievement for hitting low targets
4. Talk about how wise you are for setting low targets that were achieved

We completed infinity times more passes against VT in 2019 than the year before. I suspect we’ll do it again this year!

Last edited:
Only bad hands I remember in UVa were McGown on the crossing route. He had both palms to the sky. The ball, predictably, went off his hands before he could scoop it to his body. Palms should have faced the ball. It looked like he knew it too.

There was that pass in the red zone that the receiver tried to turn upfield before he looked it in all the way. Announcers said it would have been a TD.

Anybody who approves of CGC at this juncture accepts losing….that is why I disapprove. The overall verdict is still out and I truly hope he is successful. Recruiting is good…winning will make it better. Gameday decision making and defensive coaching needs massive improvement in a hurry. And for heavens sake, please stop with the money down…it’s embarrassing.

Back