Official Visit - Vad Lee Twitter updates

Twitter is out of control.

05GTCorndeezy
Ate lunch. Turkey Sandwich. Delicious. Now catching up on paperwork. Why am I typing this. No one cares. I think that is too many characters too. Twitter Fail. I suck.

I really don't get this Twitter thing.

Talk about getting spoiled......I think an ATL playoff game would be a nice recruiting perk!

I wouldn't be surprised if both of your suggestions are violations of NCAA rules.

I can definitely see meeting an NFL coach/player/representative of any kind, but I'm not really sure what it would be about just buying tickets for the game. I mean schools are allowed to take recruits to restaurants aren't they (as long as they are within the spending restrictions that I think the NCAA applies)?

I think I remember reading about them going to braves games before :dunno:. And, of course they've gone to other GT sporting events like basketball.

In all sports other than Division I men’s basketball, you can have one expense-paid (official) visit to a particular campus beginning on the opening day of classes of your senior year. In Division I men’s basketball, you may have official visits beginning on January 1 of your junior year in high school. You may receive no more than five such visits. This restriction applies even if you are being recruited in more than one sport. You can’t have an official visit unless you have given the college your high-school (or college) academic transcript and a score from a PSAT, an SAT, a PACT Plus or an ACT taken on a national test date under national testing conditions. Your academic transcript may be a photocopy of your official high-school (or college) transcript. [Note: In this instance, the Division I school may use the services of the Initial-Eligibility Clearinghouse to validate your credentials.]

During your official visit (which may not exceed 48 hours), you may receive round-trip transportation between your home (or high school) and the campus, and you (and your parents) may receive meals, lodging and complimentary admissions to campus athletics events. A coach may only accompany you on your official visit when the transportation occurs by automobile and all transportation occurs within the 48-hour period. Meals provided to you (and/or your parents) on an official visit may be provided either on or off the institution's campus. The complimentary admissions you receive may provide you seating only in the facility's general seating area. You may not be given special seating (e.g., press box, bench area). In addition, a student host may help you (and your family) become acquainted with campus life. The host may spend $30 per day to cover all costs of entertaining you (and your parents, legal guardians or spouse); however, the money can't be used to purchase souvenirs such as T-shirts or other college mementos. Additionally, during a campus visit, the school may provide you with a student-athlete handbook.

http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/official_visit_rules.htm

Braves are not even in season during the official visits

True, which means it couldn't have been an "official" visit. But, I think I remember some recruits going to a Braves game with coaches back in the summer/early fall.

The falcons game was not my suggestion genus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkernea
Talk about getting spoiled......I think an ATL playoff game would be a nice recruiting perk!

bwolff: Maybe they could meet PJ's friend, Mike Smith, after the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkernea

bwolff: Maybe they could meet PJ's friend, Mike Smith, after the game!

Jesus Christ.

Idea 1: Take recruits to the game - put forth by jkernea
Idea 2: Meet CMS after the game - put forth by me

I'll take credit for 1. Put down the bong dude.:laugher:

maybe just a Falcons viewing party then.....open up bobby dodd and let's watch it on the big screen!! ;)

.....I was just going along with kevinw33 on this...don't blame it on me!!! LOL

.....I was just going along with kevinw33 on this...don't blame it on me!!! LOL

Unlike Nashville Jacket you and I have not had the time to read the NCAA rule book on recruiting. It is nothing to be ashamed of, really.

Back