Official Week 1 Thursday AND Friday Night Games Thread

I went to that KSU/GSU game last night. $12.50 for a 50 yard line seat.

Watching KSU was a lot like watching Tech. Same offense, more or less. Gave up 2 TDs in the last minute or two of the first half to lose a 14-0 lead. Settled for a couple of FGs in the second half.

Had the ball and the lead with 2:15 to play and needed one first down to win. Didn’t get the first, let GSU walk down the field and score inside the last minute with no time outs.

Very familiar, very frustrating.

JRjr

Watching KSU was a lot like watching Tech. Same offense, more or less. Gave up 2 TDs in the last minute or two of the first half to lose a 14-0 lead. Settled for a couple of FGs in the second half.

Had the ball and the lead with 2:15 to play and needed one first down to win. Didn’t get the first, let GSU walk down the field and score inside the last minute with no time outs.

JRjr
Then maybe we don't want to hire Brian Bohannon. He's learned too well from his mentor.

JRjr
How is Turner Field as a football stadium?

Since the Friday games are already in the OP, we will just reuse this one.

JRjr

I was there as well and had the same reaction about KSU losing in GT like fashion. I was pulling for State though so it was very conflicting.

Definitely the biggest crowd that will be in that stadium all year until Southern visits on Thanksgiving weekend, and there were more than enough empty seats everywhere. KSU fans showed very well. The GSU student section that actually bothered to show up were gone by the end of the third quarter even though the game was close and exciting.

They sold beer but only had around three concession stands open for anything else... like they were shocked that more than 10 people showed up. I went to get a water and missed the entire second quarter.

They've done well with the conversion of Turner Field... but it's like they built a little stadium that is surrounded by a spooky and sad abandoned stadium.

They've done well with the conversion of Turner Field... but it's like they built a little stadium that is surrounded by a spooky and sad abandoned stadium.

The concession lines at halftime were pretty crazy, but the Australian Bakery wasn't too bad. They were out of half their stuff, but the line was OK and the price was reasonable.

Sitting in the new visitor stands they built across the outfield was kinda nice. Wide concourse, close to the field, didn't notice that there wasn't much behind me. Walking around is weird, because there are swaths of Turner Field seats and concourses that are still there and just no longer used or accessible (the old outfield seats curve around behind the new sideline stands, and they just sort of park ambulances and stuff between them).

The parking was really full when we got there (right at kickoff), considering that the stadium was pretty sparse.

I don't know what the long-term prognosis for that site is going to be - it's just strange and awkward and doesn't feel like a permanent solution. It's a shame that it's moving farther and farther from the Atlanta sports history that took place there.

JRjr

Here's cuntlip's mistake - he thinks playing Army will teach his kids how to defend the option to improve his chances of defeating us.

But CPJ will be watching the game to see how Duke plays the option to design a game plan to counter what they are expecting. 4-D chess. I personally cannot wait for the Duke game. We are going to slaughter them.

New season, still the same want to punch Cutcliffe in the face

Utah State over Michigan at the beginning of the 2nd? Huhwhaaa

How did that MSU pass get overturned?

Also, I agree with whoever said it that I wish our new helmet design had the stripe's point going all the way down at the back, like MSU's helmets

Back